Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:19 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:36 am 

Yes, I want to buy a boat.

No! I don't want to spend a lot.

What kind? One that floats without undue assistance.

What do I want to pay? Nothing! :wink:
( You never know. Someone may need to make space very badly!) :mrgreen:

In all seriousness though, no, I do not want to spend any money. :P

Since it's my first boat, I expect that I will want to "upgrade" soon enough to something that does more than just float, however, I'm not ready to dump a bunch of cash or take on a note for something I consider training wheels. Not sure how many would buy a brand new car for a 16 year old brand new driver. I also want to forego "first scratch tears".

For a trainer, I'm considering a 14' Jon boat (rated for 15hp) or the typical shallow V alumiweld with a bit more kick behind it.

I'm asking any who read, to consider:
... whether or not you really need that Ol' thing taking up space... (I offer free "floating junk" removal :wink: )
...you just have one too many boats...
...you have a wife nagging about said boat...(I'll help bring peace to your household)
...you know someone with any of the aforementioned problems...

Or, if it just really matters, :? I'm willing to part with about $2000-$2500(ish)
ESPECIALLY, if you'll take half now and half next month. (Just hold the boat. Or titles) I say that price, because a new 14' Jon, new trailer and appropriate motor come to 2-2.5k My father taught me to always support the surrounding community first, so I'd rather my money go to someone I know, who can make more use of it as opposed to just adding to someone's stock portfolio.

Trying to buy an RV before end of year. So I'm watching my coin like Ebenezer!

Soooo, HELP! I thank any who offer any help.

"Life is shorter than we've been lead to believe. Soak it all up like a dry sponge!" 8)

"If I never win anything else in life, I smile knowing I came in first place in a race of billions!" :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:06 pm 

You are ever the poet Mr. ELI. I will keep an eye and ear out. That is a very fair price point for a good boat in that size range. Don't forget; the power of the offer is stronger than the hope behind the asking price.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:28 pm 

Ha! Very true, Joey. It is widely rumored that money talks. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the eyes and ears, as well as the sound negotiation advice!

"Life is shorter than we've been lead to believe. Soak it all up like a dry sponge!" 8)

"If I never win anything else in life, I smile knowing I came in first place in a race of billions!" :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:26 pm 

If'n this is your 1st motorized boat get a jon....10 eerr 15hp motor and get your wits about operation and safety....

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

Check Out Some Good Crappie Vids Here....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:38 pm 

Attachment:
Screenshot_20180730-183627_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20180730-183627_Facebook.jpg [ 19.21 KiB | Viewed 819 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:39 pm 

https://houston.craigslist.org/boa/d/jo ... 41509.html

you would just need a motor but I'm sure plenty of those are around
https://houston.craigslist.org/boa/d/14 ... 37346.html

https://houston.craigslist.org/boa/d/20 ... 36093.html

then again if you're feeling crazy...:lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2019 ... %20listing

there's a few options out there if the freebie doesn't show up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:18 pm 

I am sending you a PM.

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:10 pm 

SK, good looking out on the safety tip. I can appreciate starting small. I don't want to be like an 8 year who hooks a bull red from a jetty when all I wanted was a pinfish. :mrgreen:

RocketSurgeon, me of all people can appreciate that sense of humor. Don't think the idea didn't glint through my head before I got a kayak. :wink: However, when I saw it, my mind naturally thought 'improvement' and I figured I'd assemble 4 drums and just make a platform with motor. Then an old movie came to mind...

Attachment:
IMG_20180731_175913.jpg
IMG_20180731_175913.jpg [ 11.98 KiB | Viewed 790 times ]

Joey, I really appreciate the clicks you contributed. I'll be checking those out almost immediately. Seems you know a lil' something about feeling crazy. :wink: I saw you float away with that Ol' dinghy. :mrgreen: Thanks again; I am likely 12% of the traffic on that site. Scouring for something to float, from here to Amarillo!

Craphac, I thank you for the PM and I'm on that too! I may have found a solution.

Thanks for all your help, fellas! Just don't be sour when my chances on one of these tourneys is heightened significantly! :mrgreen: 8) All in good fun!

Be well!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:45 pm 

https://houston.craigslist.org/boa/d/14 ... 09811.html -- not mine just seen it posted

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:03 pm 

EnjoynLifeInfinately wrote:
SK, good looking out on the safety tip. I can appreciate starting small. I don't want to be like an 8 year who hooks a bull red from a jetty when all I wanted was a pinfish. :mrgreen:

Joey, I really appreciate the clicks you contributed. I'll be checking those out almost immediately. Seems you know a lil' something about feeling crazy. :wink: I saw you float away with that Ol' dinghy. :mrgreen: Thanks again; I am likely 12% of the traffic on that site. Scouring for something to float, from here to Amarillo!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I actually would have been crazy not to get in on my "Ol' dinghy" when I did because of the deal I got. Before that I was running a '96 17' Starcraft (aluminum bass boat) with a 75 Force on it. When I bought the current one, I sold it for just over 2k and I had it listed for a long time at 3 which it was worth every penny of. The boat was in great shape too. it could have used some new seats but they weren't terrible by any means. That's why I say you can find something very substantial in your price range. There's always a motivated seller out there somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:10 pm 

-groaning facepalm- Good way to dump that can of Morton's iodized into my pulsing wound of ' want for boat', Joey! :mrgreen:

I understand moving on a deal. I used to complain about being dragged to garage sales with my mom and watching her negotiate over an end table which would soon support a houseplant; now, in the words of our old pal He-Man, " I have the power!!" Guess it's genetic! :D

By the way, I just began to laugh when checking out the "crazy listing". I saw the year and I lost it. Too much on the horizon to consider being even remotely -that- crazy. :shock:

I'm starting to wonder if the underwater profile of my yak looks a bit to gator-ish from afar. :?:
Caught a niiice slab once, but he had an eye pecked out, so i turned it loose; figuring it hit my jig by mistake. :( Poor guy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:28 pm 

EnjoynLifeInfinately wrote:
Caught a niiice slab once, but he had an eye pecked out, so i turned it loose; figuring it hit my jig by mistake. :( Poor guy.

He'd have hit my grease with intent...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:09 am 

She's a little torquey with one hell of a hole shot but you can cover a lot of ground and beat SK to every one of his holes.

Attachments:
FastOutboardFunny.jpeg
FastOutboardFunny.jpeg [ 15.24 KiB | Viewed 703 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

you will have to come down off plane slowly or the wave behind you
will fill that boat plumb to the top .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:37 pm 

if your a member of facebook there is a 16ft monarch with johnson 35hp and trailer for 1k https://www.facebook.com/groups/2758864 ... oup_header (group) -- https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 516329370/ is the listing