Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:52 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: Upper Trinity bay
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:56 am 

Nice catches PBR!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:34 pm 

sweet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:54 pm 

Guys and gals be very careful out there in this heat, it will sneak up on you bad. Went out Thursday and did not think I was gonna make it back without help. Was hot but felt okay for most of the time. Shortly after noon started having tougher time breathing (only have one lung) and would have pain if trying to take a deep breath. Tried to drink some water and my whole body started cramping up instantly. Felt so weak couldn't even stand to drive boat back, I ended up sitting down in the boat and friend drove back. I could feel heat stroke sitting in and was just delirious feeling. --- I had been sick earlier this month since the 3th with almost 3 straight weeks of unable to keep anything down, so I do feel that played a major part as just wasnt fully hydrated yet and tried to go to soon but also found out today that was bad air warning yesterday, which anyone with one lung or just unhealthy lungs will know it's killer on you. All in all it was horrible day but did manage some flounder though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:06 am 
Site Admin

Yes sir that heat will sneak up on you . People need to drink plenty of
water in this heat. Do not wait till you are thirsty to get a drink that
is too late. You get heat exhaustion out there and you will just get delirious
and weak where you can not hold your head up. Put some DRIP DROP in
your water or put it in gator aid

nice flounder.

Hope you get to feeling better

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:44 pm 

Will have to check out that drip drop for sure. it was rough and still feel down big time. just went out to try and clean the boat got it washed down and cleaned on outside and couldn't finish washing down the inside. i have always had stomach issues where just get sick and unable to eat or keep food down for sometimes weeks at a time. seen a ton of doctors and get everything from ibs to crohns and every issue in between stated as the problem but nothing seems to help.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

Here is a little about DRIP DROP https://dripdrop.com/?utm_source=paid&u ... e-EALw_wcB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:34 pm 

Fishing from a bass boat that is salt-water ready, wanting to expand to Trinity Bay. What's a good place to launch coming from Huffman down FM-2100 to Baytown that won't burn too much fuel getting to the North and North East parts of Trinity Bay?

2007 Ranger 180VS (Gray/Black)
Yamaha 150 Vmax

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:13 am 

wight4031 wrote:
Fishing from a bass boat that is salt-water ready, wanting to expand to Trinity Bay. What's a good place to launch coming from Huffman down FM-2100 to Baytown that won't burn too much fuel getting to the North and North East parts of Trinity Bay?

Thompsons Bait Camp is a good place to launch from off tri-city beach. https://www.facebook.com/Thompsons-Fish ... 171565425/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:40 pm 

I've never launched at Thompsons. It looks a bit confusing to me from the ramp. Channel markers marking the way out isn't clear to me. Maybe I just have a mental block about it.
If you have a GPS, you could launch at Hugo Point (FM 565 to Gou Hole Road). Follow Reds Bayou into Trinity Bay, it comes out just east of the HLP (NRG) Spillway. Set your GPS to make a trail so you can follow it back to the ramp. Reds Bayou twists and turns with islands and dead ends. When you go out the mouth of Reds bear a bit east (left) before making any turns. It's very shallow. You can always hang around the ramp and ask if someone is going out Red's to the bay and follow them.
The advantage of launching at Hugo Point is if you get in the bay and it's too rough you can always go back into Red's Bayou and fish that.
A simpler way is to launch at Ft. Anahuac. We don't launch in the Trinity River channel, but instead use the other ramp on the east side of the parking lot. That puts you into what I call the "lagoon". Only 1 way out....follow it south to where it opens into the bay. Be very careful, there are 2 white PVC poles marking the narrow channel into the bay at the end of the spoil bank. Stay in between them. Run south for 1/4 mile at least before turning west into the bay. There are large concrete "rip-rap" chunks at the end of the spoil bank that you want to avoid.
There is also Beason Park in Oak Island, but more of a drive. The mouth of Double Bayou is very shallow.
The problem with Trinity Bay is getting in it. Once in, just use common sense and watch where you're going, especially around the oil wells.
We have launched our 21foot fiberglass NaucticStar at all these locations.