Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 11:51 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: Bass Spawn
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:47 pm 

Nice undercover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:54 am 

I don't fish the lake that much anymore. I will get out on it every other month or so but I believe LH is more dangerous than Conroe with the crazies that get out on it, especially Luce. I think the evening time is the best to go, after the mad house settles down. I usually fish for bass but last week, I went out to blow out the motor and stopped on some crappie and pulled out some very nice ones with my grandsons snoopy rod and reel. I was impressed by the sizes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:57 pm 

I’m also concerned about that, especially when I’m in my kayak. The jet boats and 200/300 HP bass boats don’t make for a safe place to fish. Luce isn’t wide enough for all that speed. I get concerned about a steering cable or the hydraulics might go out and the boat will ram another boat. Last week fishing on the mouth of Luce, several big boats didn’t slow down at all coming off the lake into Luce and there were several smaller boats fishing in the bayou near the mouth. I couldn’t believe they zigzagged between the boats and didn’t slow down one iota. We moved into the bayou, closer to the Ponderosa thinking it would be safer and we could catch more fish, but it didn’t make any difference to the speeders. We gave up and went in. We caught six nice fish but we could have caught more, I believe, if the boats weren’t so thick and tearing up the water every five or ten minutes.

http://www.hack1966.com
Courage is being scared to death, but saddle's up anyway
John Wayne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:49 am 

As much fun as I know yakking is the one reason I haven't gotten one is due to NO RESPECT of others.... people these days rarely.... Very RARELY....ever put themselves in the people around them shoes.... it's all about me me me.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
And it aint any particular boat type its the idgets in control of all of them....

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:18 pm 

You’re right about that SK. It’s weird I’ve never had a problem when I fished saltwater. Everyone was courteous and slowed down. Maybe I haven’t come across any idgets yet. The only thing about fishing saltwater that concerns me now is the flesh eating bacteria out there. I always have a sore on me somewhere. Being old and clumsy ya unnerstand. :)

http://www.hack1966.com
Courage is being scared to death, but saddle's up anyway
John Wayne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:49 pm 

Caught 6 bass off the bulkhead tonight; 5 on a chartreuse/white spinnerbait.
Willow leaf blades, vibration lure.. missed a big one then the otter showed up and they stopped biting.
Most small males with bloody tails...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:59 pm 

They were on the cypress trees before the dropping 2 weeks ago, they were not there last night. I did find some on a patch of grass that I found , maybe as big as 2 kiddie pools, I threw a ylw spnrbt in there right in the middle and one hit it real hard first cast, then caught 5 more, two bad only 2 were keepers. I talked to head of Lake Houston Sports/Recreation at Kidfish this last weekend and told him lets get some more grass in the lake and lets do it now!! I will gladly put on my waders and help plant some!!!