Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:33 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: Running Caney Creek
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:18 am 

My son and I are going to take the jon and slip it down the bank at E End park and go check it out. I got a limit stringer pic from a guy from thur, he indicated E fork and that he was on foot, I did not press for further details. white bass btw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:23 am 
Site Admin

it that time of the year when the white bass are running up the creeks in good numbers
the farther you can go up one the better. way up east fork, far up the bayou. caney and peach
also lake livingston has many good creeks on the north end off highway 19. should be loaded
with fish now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:09 pm 

Current was running pretty good up there, water was off color, but we managed to find some packs of males. 3 boats came up told me main lake was 53, it was 57 up there. They wanted bright yellow, son was throwing silver trap, then switched over to the apple ( chart/grn/orange) they really liked that. I was throwing the tandem wht/ylw then switched over to dbl yellow and was hoping for the dbl ,but it was not in the cards.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:22 pm 
Site Admin

the whites love the current crappie not so much. Yellow is good in murky water.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:28 pm 

Just an update for those interested....

I had friends (ie muscles lol) riding with me yesterday to help in the event I got stuck. We went up Caney Creek to meet friends paddling from LHWP down to BJs. I got by the previous sand bars easily with the higher lake level (~6 to 8 inches) and it looks like the current has knocked down the sand bar at N 30° 5.530 W 95 10.074. On that bar I went passed it with good water on the east side but then floated right back across where I got stuck on it before. We ended up going up as far as N 30° 5.778 W 95° 10.190 before we turned around when we ran into friends with kayaks. I did find one good size stickup or stump on the west side of the river, south of that point, headed back that gave the boat a nice lift.

Raptor