Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:32 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: Upper Trinity bay
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

I have waded from the park to the spill way and fished it a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:42 pm 

Whats the closest bait shop to goohole? we always launch thompsons but looking at the map goohole is half the run.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:12 pm 

sticko wrote:

I did that walk one time.... that's all.... :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:16 pm 

Liqued wrote:
Whats the closest bait shop to goohole? we always launch thompsons but looking at the map goohole is half the run.

I used arties so iono of a bait shop out there......
Be careful when you come into the bay out of the Lost river, you'll have to make a BIG loop out into the bay cause its shalla on that left hand bank out to prolly 300yrds....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:38 pm 

silentkilla wrote:
sticko wrote:

I did that walk one time.... that's all.... :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

I ain't walking through nothing' that is close to Alligator Bayou...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

they stay in the bayou. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Allig ... 94.8168668

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:16 pm 

Liqued wrote:

not sure around goohole but we have put in at fort anahuac park and there is a bait shop down the road from there between i10 and the park (think is 563) -- also unless things have changed its pretty shallow through there and any kind of real size bay boat might be tough -- again its been a long time for me there but flatbottom or smaller boat was okay

Last edited by PBR on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:19 pm 

sticko wrote:

have seen them in trinity bay around fort anahuac park area -- also was a post not long ago and pic of a boat that launched from eagle point headed to moses gate and came across a fisherman stranded on a bouy -- they picked him up and less than 300 yards from him was an alligator, now that is out there for them -- the fisherman and his buddy got flipped over somehow and his buddy didnt make it

Quote:
We went fishing out of eagle point marina this morning. The wind was blowing like crazy and it was way to rough to go but everyone wanted to, so off we went. Headed south towards Hannah's reef. About half way there I see something in the water, first thought was a pelican. Then it waved at me! I made a hard turn to starboard and we pulled him out quickly. He was holding onto one of the white PVC pipes that marks reefs and shallow spots. We had him sit on a ice chest and gave him water. We called his wife as soon as we had him in the boat. He said they were on a sail boat yesterday and a line had wrapped itself in the prop. One of the guys went overboard to free the line and somehow they both ended up in the bay. With the way the wind was blowing their sail boat left them in a hurry. He said his friend died in his arms overnight. I don't know at what point they became separated. He said he had been in the water since yesterday afternoon. I am guessing he had been in the water either drifting or holding onto the pipe for 15-16 hours. He did have a life jacket on! He was pretty cut up from barnacles and oyster shells. He had a pretty good sized scrape on top of his head. I honestly don't know how he held on to that pole for that long. I am guessing that is when he was separated from his friend. I called the coast guard and met with them. They asked if I could take him to the dock so they could continue to search for his friend. We booked it back to eagle point, he puked a good bit of the ride back. Probably from all the salt water he had swallowed. His wife showed up at the marina and so did the wife and child of his friend. An ambulance showed up and took over.
I will never forget this mans eyes when we pulled him in the boat!

On the way back to the ramp we passed a 6-7 ft alligator swimming about 300yds from where this all happened.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

I think i would wade way out around that one.

They may venture out farther after a hard rain and fresh
water in the bay. would you think.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/alligator.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:01 pm 

I WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE USE GOO HOLE UNLESS YOU HAVE A SHALLOW RUNNING GET ON TOP IN A FLASH BOAT...... HUGO IS A BETTER RAMP & JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM GOO HOLE....
ALSO IT'S BEEN SEVERAL YEARS SINCE I'VE BEEN TO EITHER...
GATORS? YOU BET THERE ARE PLENTY OVER YONDER....
Y'all gonna make me take a salty trip talkn bout this place....... there's some GREAT catchn in that part of the world.... reds, trout, flounder & let's not forget those tasty sheephead....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:20 pm 

Was visiting Florida once after a rain and a gator got into the bayou and was there for about two weeks so they can hang around for awhile in salt water.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:41 pm 

I've run my 21ft NaucticStar Shallowbay out of Hugo Point several times. Make that wide swing out in Old River Lake. Coming out of Reds Bayou run maybe a little bit east for at least 2-300 yards before you make any turns. Go well east of the big tilting marker. We were coming in today and saw some birds working and I shut it down and ran aground. Raised the jackplate and idled back into 3ft water.
But the main reason I'm posting is there is a stump/log between McCollum Park and the spillway, maybe 300 yards off the shore. About 12" showing out of the water. Easy to hit if the water is a little rough or it's getting dark.
N 29 44.386
W 94 48.901
Fished the spillway today. Buddy caught 2 barely legal specs, me zero. Throwing all colors of soft plastics. Saw 1 boat that did pretty good throwing chartreuse soft plastics. Water was green and getting a little rough for 2 old timers with bad backs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:22 pm 
Site Admin

rootbeer works.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:08 am 

^^^Probably the only color we didn't throw. You know how it goes....you mostly throw what you have confidence in. For me red pearl, glow white, refrigerator white, and chartreuse. Buddy caught his 2 on green tiger striped shad.