Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:36 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 17' Alumacraft for Sale
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:24 pm 

I am selling my Alumacraft all welded 1756. Bought boat new in 2001 and rigged it out myself. Its got the usual dings from stumps, etc but never needed a hull repair. It has a side console and 2 or 3 year old (I forget) 70 lb thrust Motorguide Foot Control Trolling Motor (cable control). Trolling Motor has only been in water 5 or 6 times. Boat previously had a 50 hP Mercury on the back but I didn't use it much, as I mainly pond fished in it, and sold it and controls to a friend. Comes on a B&S Sportsmen galvanized trailer that previously held a 26' Carolina Skiff. Trailer was narrowed and shortened to hold my Alumacraft. Would be great boat for anyone willing to put a 50 to 70 hP motor on it. Asking $1500 firm for whole package.

Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:08 pm 

Pics

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:26 pm 

Crappiejerk..Ill post them this coming weekend. I keep the boat in Livingston on the family farm and I got to get up there and snap some.

One thing to note. The side console is welded in but the boat could easily be used with a tiller steer if you wanted to.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:32 pm 

Gents,

Here are exact specs and pics.

Price: $1,500 Firm
Boat: Alumacraft MV1650A - Its actually about 16.5' long so I always called it a 17'.
Manufactured - 2001
Coast Guard Horsepower Rating - 40 hP - I had a 50 Mercury on it and if I was to keep it I would go with a 60 or 70 hP.
Trolling Motor - Motorguide 24 volt 75 lb FW-FB (cable foot controlled)
Trolling Motor bought new and installed ~ 3 years ago. It has been in water ~ 5 or 6 times.
Trailer - B&S Sportsman w/ Clean Title - Trailer is galvanized and was for a 26' Carolina Skiff. Doctor hung it on tree and bent leg. We cut out bent section and then narrowed & shortened.
Trailer has fresh lights & wiring. New bunk boards (2x4 with marine carpeting) and bunk board mounts. Bunk board mounts need to be realigned and tightened up after I used it the first couple times.
Trailer has new jack.
Trailer Tires - ST205/75D15
Only real damage on boat is impact on the starboard rear corner from hitting a tree.

I've uploaded multiple pics on the Craigs List listing as they don't need shrinking there. I've got it listed there for $1,750 but Ill honor the $1,500 price to board members.

https://houston.craigslist.org/boa/d/16 ... 65634.html

Raptor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:14 pm 

Sold....