Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:24 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: Upper Trinity bay
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:29 pm 

sticko wrote:
Pretty windy tomorrow and wed

yea should be good heading out maybe little rough coming back in but as long as 10 or under isnt too bad up around 15 and over its down right rough in trinity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:35 pm 

upacreek wrote:
I'm a bit surprised there is enough salinity in upper Trinity Bay for trout. But I guess that depends on what you're calling upper Trinity Bay. I'm hearing rumors of trout around Smith Point. Nobody is talking if they're catching trout in the marsh....Red's Bayou, Long Island Bayou, etc. I've been going to Keith Lake and Sabine Lake rather than fight crowds in East Bay. Not doing much good but it's sure pretty scenery and usually just old retirees out during the week.
Looking at tides, I'm thinking the GoDevil in Long Island Bayou about Tuesday and the bay boat to the Louisiana side of Sabine Lake Thursday.

actually caught more specs in trinity bay than anywhere else -- coming in cooler months burnet bay by lynchberg ferry fills up with trout -- when i mention upper trinity im talking all along tri city beach road -- from thompsons fish camp to jacks pocket, i know most think along trinity to anahuac which i do fish just not as often

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:37 pm 

sticko wrote:
yep i can catch that many each day off la porte pier and don't have to drive but a couple miles

if i lived that close to there would probably fish everyday -- we need to switch spots -- lol -- im few miles from lake houston

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

yes sir they have a pretty good boat ramp at sylvan beach with a nice break water wall
protecting it. just go down barbers cut right into the trinity by Thompson's camp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:40 pm 

slayed them today -- weather was beautiful -- had two man limit on specs with 2 hrs, 3 flounder and 1 red -- stayed awhile longer trying to limit out on flounder and reds but got tired of throw back specs -- did have some trouble with the boat through when came time to leave gonna post that question in proper thread though

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

very nice catch on the specs. & flounder.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:32 am 

I have a pier marked in upper trinity that produces limits of reds this time of year. Need to get out and fish it. Its between Thompson's and the spillway. Judging by your reports I bet its on fire.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:36 am 

Wow, you're killing them PBR!! Way to go!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:41 am 

I'll bet that was fun & gonna be tasty...WTG

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:49 am 

Can my little boat get there??? Who can show me around??? Never been to Trinity Bay.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:17 pm 

RocketSurgeon1911 wrote:
Can my little boat get there??? Who can show me around??? Never been to Trinity Bay.

what size? -- i'm sure it can just on certain days it can get rough -- use to go in 16ft flatbottom jon boat all the time

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:18 pm 

Liqued wrote:
I have a pier marked in upper trinity that produces limits of reds this time of year. Need to get out and fish it. Its between Thompson's and the spillway. Judging by your reports I bet its on fire.

let me know gps and will let you know - lol -- i bet it is though seen several fishing the piers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:47 am 

PBR wrote:
Liqued wrote:

let me know gps and will let you know - lol -- i bet it is though seen several fishing the piers

Its no secret.. we found it one year headed to the spillway and seen 5 boats on it. Marked it and on the way back tried it out. Has a reef all around it and seems to produce very well. When i get to my boat ill try and pull the gps for you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:14 am 

I've been to the spill way in my 14' dingy several times, I use to put in at the Goo Hole ramp....Hugo is better.... then ran the List river to the bay.... there's some great feeshn out there... y'all stay on top of the winds that bay can get ROUGH....
That run from Thompson's is a goodern so have your ducks in a row....

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:51 am 

I never have launched at Thompsons. All the buoys marking what looks like 3 different channels gives me the heebie-jeebies. I guess I need to launch there and follow someone out and mark a GPS trail. I live in Liberty so I launch at Hugo or Double Bayou. I have used Sylvan Beach ramp but I found it a little difficult to launch my boat alone. The docks are short and I had to pull the boat up next to the trailer to tie off to a dock cleat. So basically taking 2 spots to launch 1 boat.
For the small jon boat owner...go to Hugo Point Park ramp off FM565 and Gou Hole Road. Launch and go south a 100 yards or so and turn west into Reds Bayou. Follow that to the bay. Sounds easy, you can get lost easy too. Best thing would be to launch and hang around the ramp asking other folks if they are going down Reds to the bay and follow them. If you have a GPS, mark a trail. There are a lot of turns and other bayous intersecting. Follow the channel out in the bay a ways, don't turn for a couple hundred yards, it's very shallow.