Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:24 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Moses Lake
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:31 pm 

Well not freshwater but it is called a Lake, lol. Got a couple Texas Slams, got a full limit of specs and reds. If could of kept 14in specs and 18 to 19in reds would of had a 3 man limit easy. Actually got tired of catching the dinks they were wearing me out. Water was slick as glass out there.

Post subject: Re: Moses Lake
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:31 pm 

Nice. I caught some monster flounder out of there when I fished saltwater years ago.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

way to go long time since i have been to Moses Lake

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:24 pm 

WTG PBR.....

Those flounder love that place....

I've taken several limits of flounder from that channel by the flood gate, there were days that within a few hours I was done....

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:14 pm 

silentkilla wrote:
WTG PBR.....

I've taken several limits of flounder from that channel by the flood gate, there were days that within a few hours I was done....

you talking the little channel to the far right end (entering into moses) past the sunken shrimp boat? if so yea have done good there in the channel and along the rocks.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:51 pm 

PBR wrote:
silentkilla wrote:
WTG PBR.....

you talking the little channel to the far right end (entering into moses) past the sunken shrimp boat? if so yea have done good there in the channel and along the rocks.

The area I feeshed was just inside the gate on the right hand side where that sand bar runs into the channel....great spot to bounce plastics along the bottom...

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:03 am 

Looks like some fantastic eating there!!

Did you fillet that flounder, or scale/gut it for stuffing??... Dirty rice and crawfish stuffed flounder with a cream creole sauce is ecstasy on a plate!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:03 pm 

Gettin' Jiggy wrote:
Looks like some fantastic eating there!!

Did you fillet that flounder, or scale/gut it for stuffing??... Dirty rice and crawfish stuffed flounder with a cream creole sauce is ecstasy on a plate!

they got filleted and fried -- never have stuffed one myself but have ate them that way -- honestly though i don't eat much fish but love to fish so most of the time its cooked for friends / family or sometimes given away to others -- its odd but love seafood just not fish that much, i just dont eat much of it when i do

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:07 pm 

silentkilla wrote:
PBR wrote:
silentkilla wrote:
WTG PBR.....

The area I feeshed was just inside the gate on the right hand side where that sand bar runs into the channel....great spot to bounce plastics along the bottom...

ok yea thats basically where we fish most of the time also but in cooler weather you go right all the way down the levee there and a small channel / bayou runs into the lake flounder get up in there a lot

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:32 pm 

Either of you fished that deep hole in the northwest corner of Moses lake? That's the only place my brother goes there, and always complains about it. Wondering if it's the fish or the fisherman...

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:47 pm 

I have feeshed the deep hole once or twice....it gets too crowded for my liking....sometimes tha feesh stack up in there specially tha red feesh & I've seen some MONSTA ribbon feesh come outta there too.....

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:25 pm 

Gettin' Jiggy wrote:
Either of you fished that deep hole in the northwest corner of Moses lake? That's the only place my brother goes there, and always complains about it. Wondering if it's the fish or the fisherman...

thats by the little channel im talking about -- have ok luck there at times seems to be more cooler weather times and with live croaker big specs and reds in the deep

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:21 pm 

Those are some good looking fish. Glad to see Moses is still productive. I fished there a lot in the 70's-80's. The guys I went with would follow the channel around to left and there were some poles sticking up near a shell reef. We had to hide our rods when we set the hook or it would get bombarded with boats. We caught tons of specks and reds. We went out one rainy day just to try out the motor with a new prop. We bought a pint of shrimp for the heck of it. Ended up filling an ice chest. It's too busy out there for a kayak, or I might give that a shot. :idea:

http://www.hack1966.com
Courage is being scared to death, but saddle's up anyway
John Wayne

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:39 pm 

yacknewby wrote:
Those are some good looking fish. Glad to see Moses is still productive. I fished there a lot in the 70's-80's. The guys I went with would follow the channel around to left and there were some poles sticking up near a shell reef. We had to hide our rods when we set the hook or it would get bombarded with boats. We caught tons of specks and reds. We went out one rainy day just to try out the motor with a new prop. We bought a pint of shrimp for the heck of it. Ended up filling an ice chest. It's too busy out there for a kayak, or I might give that a shot. :idea:

actually a lot of kayaker's out there -- many put in right there at the gate and either go up and to the left in the pond area or they travel straight across and travel down the other levee to the little channel -- I'm really surprised at all the kayak's i see out there, if I was in better shape i probably would kayak myself out there cause they really produce out there in the 2 to 3 foot areas along the levee and back in the channel ----------- hoping to get out that way some time this week again depending on weather

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:22 am 

I didn't realize there was that much of a kayak crowd down there!! I might be tempted to try it, but I worry about the metal parts on my kayak corroding...