Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:41 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: Moses Lake
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:59 am 

PBR wrote:
yacknewby wrote:
Those are some good looking fish. Glad to see Moses is still productive. I fished there a lot in the 70's-80's. The guys I went with would follow the channel around to left and there were some poles sticking up near a shell reef. We had to hide our rods when we set the hook or it would get bombarded with boats. We caught tons of specks and reds. We went out one rainy day just to try out the motor with a new prop. We bought a pint of shrimp for the heck of it. Ended up filling an ice chest. It's too busy out there for a kayak, or I might give that a shot. :idea:

actually a lot of kayaker's out there -- many put in right there at the gate and either go up and to the left in the pond area or they travel straight across and travel down the other levee to the little channel -- I'm really surprised at all the kayak's i see out there, if I was in better shape i probably would kayak myself out there cause they really produce out there in the 2 to 3 foot areas along the levee and back in the channel ----------- hoping to get out that way some time this week again depending on weather

You're not talking about the flood gate are you? If I remember correctly, we put in on the SW dock of the lake and followed the channel towards the gate, then turned north until we found the stakes near the shell reef. It's a pretty protected lake but I don't know if it's enough for a kayak when the wind comes up. I'll have to Google Map it and check it out. I'm always looking for somewhere to launch my yak and fish. Thanks a lot.

http://www.hack1966.com
Courage is being scared to death, but saddle's up anyway
John Wayne

Post subject: Re: Moses Lake
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:49 pm 

yacknewby wrote:

You're not talking about the flood gate are you? If I remember correctly, we put in on the SW dock of the lake and followed the channel towards the gate, then turned north until we found the stakes near the shell reef. It's a pretty protected lake but I don't know if it's enough for a kayak when the wind comes up. I'll have to Google Map it and check it out. I'm always looking for somewhere to launch my yak and fish. Thanks a lot.

yea same place -- i have seen many put in right there at the flood gate -- dont see a whole lot out on the shell reefs though guessing cause being out in the lake little bit but see many working the shore line all inside the lake