Just a reminder our TRCA catfish tournament takes place tomorrow "Saturday"! Mandatory meeting at the lake Houston marina "1960" @ 6:30am. Hope to see you there, feel free to pm me or reply with any questions. Below is a copy of rules and regulations.
Ok folks below is information and the list of rules for the upcoming tournament on 1/23/16.
The tournament is a for sure go at the Lake Houston marina.
Also it has come to our attention that we haven't been clear on the "team" aspect so therefore "team" is as follows:
2 persons per team with an exception for a 3rd only if the 3rd is under 16 or over 65 years of age.
The entry fee will be 40$ per team with an optional big fish pot of 10$ per team.
Depending on the amount of teams that come out will determine how many places pay out. (8 or more and we will pay 1st and 2nd) the split will be 70/30
If you have any questions feel free to shoot us a message.
Tournament rules will be listed below with a printable version handed out to every team at sign in.
TRCA Tournament Rules and Regulations
A violation may result in automatic disqualification.
Participants may be subject to a polygraph or voice stress test.
Good sportsmanship is expected of all individuals during the tournament.
Any disorderly conduct will be ample reason for disqualification.
1) All State and Federal rules will be observed.
2) Tournament hours are 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. All participants should be at the launch site by 6:30 AM. We will conduct a live well check prior to take off.
3) One member of each team must be present at the meeting to be held prior to take off at approximately 6:45 AM.
4) All boats must be at weigh in site (or boat ramp) by 3:15 PM unless scheduled differently. Being late will result in automatic disqualification.
5) Entry order is the order of take off, boats will be released at 5 to 10 second intervals. Life vests (PFD`S) should be worn at take off.
6) No snagging, taking of fish from lines or from non contestants will be allowed.
7) No chumming or fishing known intentionally baited holes by contestants or non contestants will be allowed.
All Tournament boats must maintain a minimum distance of 50 yards (150 feet) between each other and from non contestants. All fishing must take place from the boat.
9) A maximum of 3 fish per team will be weighed in and only 1 fish can be dead. If there is more than 3 fish in your possession at weigh in, you may be disqualified. Fish must be of legal limit set forth by the local TXPW, channel cat, blue cat or flathead only.
10) The fish must be caught by rod and reel method only!!! Any other method will result in automatic disqualification.
11) In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by big fish.
12) Any protests must be made to tournament directors within 15 minutes of the weigh in deadline, none will be accepted there after. The tournament chosen directors will resolve all protests.
13) This is a catch and release tournament. All live healthy fish must be released. Dead fish or unhealthy fish may be removed from the premises at the direction of the tournament director only.
*If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a tournament director.*
We are expecting a pretty good turn out for this tournament, an RSVP will be appreciated Also make sure you get to the ramp early enough so we can all get into the river in time for take off.