Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:53 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:49 pm 

I'm a member on a few forums... The sections I use the most are the Kayak section and the Partner finder sections...

Just a thought!

-Corey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:02 am 

A fellow just posted above that he is looking for a fishing partner that has a boat. I have a fishing buddy, but there are times when he can't go or he is out of town, and I would be happy to take someone with me who doesn't have a boat. A listing of people who would like to go would be useful. It would be a listing for one time fishing trips, not a listing for finding fishing buddies. That way, if anyone who has a boat is interested in finding a fishing buddy, he/she can take people out once with no obligation to take them again. Perhaps that way fishing buddies could be found, or people like me could occasionally have company for a single day.

If this topic is used, I suggest that each person who wants to go with someone, (1) list what species they want to fish for, (2) state whether they will pay for all or part of the expenses, (3) state how old they are, (4) state if they are a beginner or experienced fisherman, and (5) state if they can go any day or just on weekends. The age thing is suggested because people generally like to hang around with people about their own age.

It would be interesting to find out how many people with boats would participate in such an idea. I would.

"Retired fishing" is just being out in the boat whenever you want.... and getting a Dairy Queen on the way home

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:45 am 

I just got around to reading this. Dutch, that is a great idea. Wonder why it has not popped up on the forum yet? Might get some of these lurkers to start chiming in. Could call it partner finder or open seat or deckhand for the day.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:21 pm 

Well I agree with all that y'all included cept the age part, I prefer to fish with the older guys since they have more experience & I always learn something new in catchn crappy!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:23 pm 

I think this would be a great idea
I usually fish with my brother but sometimes the company he retired from
has him come in to fix some problems they have in production And I hate
to fish alone
I know one thing you can tell if you can be friends with some one after fishing
with them all day in a boat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

This has been added.
viewforum.php?f=30
Might take a bit for the guys to get used to it and start using it but I am sure it will catch on.