Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:46 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:09 pm 

Took my first trip out to pondarossa today since Harvey. Wow! I was saddened and taken aback by the debris left behind in the shorelines.

Went to leave the mouth of luces followig my usual gps route and got stuck. Wiggled off that sandbar and found another. It was getting late and i got less and less adventurous so i turned tail and went in.

I know the latesst units have " make your own depthscan" abilities. When do you think these new contour lines will show up on Lakemaster or Navonics?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:04 am 

Yea the lake is like a NEW lake & NO none of the maps are accurate as of now.....

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:31 pm 
Site Admin

I would think the original maps were taken off topo maps when the lake was formed they will probably
not have an updated map for houston . But they do have capabilities for you to make your own map
if you want to scan the lake on your own. Your old map on lakemaster and nav. will show the old channels
and river channels it would be best to follow those at a slow idle till you find or chart to make sure
they are still open. I do know some parts of them have changed also.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:34 am 

Maybe we should start a post Harvey "routes to try" that have been discovered by the group here.

More importantly, warning of hazards in the middle of waterways that used to be deep.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:01 am 

I bought my Navionis map 2 months ago. Today I ran the channel multiple times between 1/2 way between BJs and Luce Bayou to 1/2 way up Caney Creek. Other then the section north of East End Park to the Caney / East Fork merger the Navionics channel is still good. In the noted section you better be “driving on land” on the map or you will be on land!

Also I attempted to idle over twoard the Royal Shore neighborhood (using the west channel) from the East Fork. Map is useless here and nothing but bars. Everybody coming north from Luces or 1960 was running East Channel.

Raptor