Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:57 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: BASS College Classic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:51 am 

So, I have learned that the Bassmaster College Classic will be held on Lake Houston in March. I know two of the boys that will be fishing it. Weigh in for the classic will be at Minute Maid park.
That's just a tid bit of info I thought that I would share with everyone.
Oh. I believe that it will be March 24th thru March 26th. I do not know where it will be held out of yet but it must be somewhere that can accommodate 50 to 60 boats.

Post subject: Re: BASS College Classic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:12 pm 

Need to get my dad to tape the show

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:40 pm 

You may be confused with the BassMaster Classic???
It is on Conroe, it is pros. It is 3/24-3/26/17. Weigh in is at George R Brown.
The winner of the College Championship, one person, qualifies for it. As do the Open Championship winners. The rest are from the Elite Series plus the reigning Classic Champ.
I don't think they would schedule both on the same weekend . I think the College Championship is in the fall...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:23 pm 

Yes, the Bassmaster Classic is on Lake Conroe on those dates

The EXPO is at the George R Brown Center.

The Weigh In's will be held at Minute Maid Park.

Friday traffic should be a fun mess with them trailering thier boats down thier, take the day off, if you work in this area. lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:01 pm 

I stand corrected on the weigh in site.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:09 am 

okden wrote:
The winner of the College Championship, one person, qualifies for it. As do the Open Championship winners. The rest are from the Elite Series plus the reigning Classic Champ.
I don't think they would schedule both on the same weekend . I think the College Championship is in the fall...

No not confused, this is the Bass College Classic not the pros and not the championship, and it is on lake Houston. For the college group it is an invitational event. And weigh in is at the stadium.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:22 am 

Bassman1 wrote:
okden wrote:

No not confused, this is the Bass College Classic not the pros and not the championship, and it is on lake Houston. For the college group it is an invitational event. And weigh in is at the stadium.

Where did you get this information??
HPJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:52 pm 

Two young men I fish with were invited to fish it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:59 am 

I can't find it anywhere.
I have people coming in for the Classic and plan to fish LH
While they are here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:35 pm 

there were a few high school teams and college teams out fishing today, the high school fishes there derby sat and weigh in at minute maid, the college teams fish sunday and weigh in at minute maid is what they told me today.

We can only hope they bring the fish they catch, back to lake houston and not stock conroe with them.

So bassman was right on information, and there were more coming in thru out the day, seen one from Indiana enjoying the weather and no snow to shovel or have to drive in it. lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:54 pm 

There was a collage or high school team out today fishing also in Luce Bayou in a nice bass boat all painted up with "something, something" TIGERS on the side that damn near sent me flying into a pier I was fishing and sent a wall of water over the back of my boat. They came flying down the bayou and they slowed down but went by me faster than they should have with motor still tilted up and bow up throwing the biggest wake possible. All I had time for was to turn the back of my boat into the wake, I usually turn the front of the boat into a wake coming at me like that and walk to the back until it passes, if I have time. If schools are going to put these young men, which I am all in favor of, in these high powered bass boats they should teach them more about how to operate them safely around other boaters, including smaller boats.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:22 pm 

I may have seen them if they launched at Duessen. Saw a LOT of bass boats heading north from Duessen early this morning. Saw one group of 3 boats moving at warp speed and the boat in the rear almost went airborne trying to keep up with the other 2. Trying to jump a wake at that speed is just plain stupid. Reminds me of the youtube video of the guy who sunk his boat on Conroe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQs9tloTzTM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:35 pm 

hear you on that as early in the week the bulk of them idled, but seems we have a few locals who will never ever understand what idle is either. Do 2 wrongs make it right. NO They are young and also got waked this week as spoke to quite a few of them again today and idled by them and in turn they did the same for me as I was in the main luce channel fishing today, and per normal got waked more by locals then the visitors on the lake all this week. Just gotta keep your head on a swivel when you hear them coming and always assume they are not going to slow down and idle by you, me personnaly if it is a fast boat will wave for them to shower down and stay up on step as the wave is light and over in a quick. We seem to jaw bone this issue every year when more boats show up and it will happen all thru out the year and all years to come, you can bank that as a fact.

Get waked every time out. lol
just my 2 cents