Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:08 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Luces to East Fork Trail
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:04 pm 

Promised a guy I met at lake today I would post a trail from mouth of Luce's to East Fork and up a couple miles. Before anyone picks it apart, I did it really quick and its just a general idea. Had I been fully awake this morning, I would have offered to just let him follow me. Bad deal on my part. Sorry man. When you come out of Luces and turn right (north) you will want to run about 50 yards off of the bank all the way until you get into the river then gradually easy over to your left. You will see visible brush on your left when you first enter the river then again on left about a 1/4 mile further. After you pass the brush on left by the buoy, you will ease over to left about 25 yards as you pass the commons beach. Once you get past the commons boat ramp start moving back towards middle and as you enter steep left river bend stay dead center. You will then come up to several buoys marking a restricted beach. I recommend idling through next turn. If you want to message me next week, I will be happy to let you run behind me if you prefer. Hopefully this text and pic help.

Attachments:
East Fork  trail.jpg
East Fork trail.jpg [ 416.7 KiB | Viewed 2088 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:54 pm 

Looks good to me, same way I do it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:40 pm 

My only comment is when headed north I generally pass that loose bouy and brush near BJs on the west side of the river so that brush is on my right. If your very far east of it there is a sand bar Ive seen pile of people run up on.

Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:34 am 
Site Admin

yes the river channel runs on the west side of that
brush pile.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:07 pm 

Yep you men are right, but trimmed up at 70 mph (5) yards east of the buoy works too :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:57 pm 

:shock: RIP lower unit :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:58 pm 

I agree with UCB.....you can run on east side of it but you better be close to brush and / or planed out. On that bar there is actually a log laying horizontal half in the sand. Coming back after Christmas Parade in dark I went across that bar in my jet boat to pass someone coming downriver on east side of brush and lake was low enough I rode up over the log slightly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:15 pm 

With the water fluctuation that these guys are causing with the work on the dam, one must have multiple trails to safely navigate. I made some good trails when we had the drought in 2011, I believe it was. However the laydowns that have floated down the river and settled everywhere are the biggest hazard.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:10 am 

That is pretty much they way I run it too.

I want to know if someone runs the S bank where all the big houses are at WLHP bridge, where they are putting all the sand right now. I think not as they are running the N side for a reason.

I will likely try soon since river grove is back open now.