Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:49 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:01 am 

Came home from fishing east Texas quite beat up from the wind and a slow bite. So what do ya do? Obviously get back on that horse and ride. Sunday morning loaded the yak and fished the old sand pits in Crosby. Caught 13 fish in the one to three pound range and out of there by 11. Come back home my local waters calling me. Had a quick lunch and hit the cove. Caught another 12 fish with 3 over 3, one over 4 and lost 2 spinnerbait throwing hawgs. Yeah...I know where you are. Fry are all over the place and fish aggressively guarding them. In a couple days they will be eating the young so the bite is certainly on around here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:00 pm 

Nice catches! It's always fun to hit multiple water bodies in one day.

But I have to ask, are you referring to the pits off 90 by Goodtime's marina? I had a sheriff run me off the pits by the 4-wheeler trails before. He flagged me down from shore and started a conversation with me about it. He was very polite and cordial (and didn't even issue me a warning!) but basically it boiled down to the 4-wheeler trails are public, the ponds are not, and someone called and reported me. I know Goodtime's has their two ponds they charge to bank fish from, but this was a pond on the south side of 90. Has it changed in the last three years?

Last edited by Gettin' Jiggy on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

think i am lost good times marina is on the west bank of the river and Loves is on the east

bank of the river at hwy 90. and good times is a ways up river from 90.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:25 pm 

I may be the one confused. I had always thought that marina on old 90 was Goodtime's until recently. Where is the one on the west side? Only place on the west side I've ever gone is Big Eddy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

The big and little eddy are not marinas they are an oxbow stream off the sanjacinto

river in Eisenhower park. this shows loves and goodtimes marinas also the big eddy

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Love' ... 95.0896416

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:43 pm 

Right on. I've put the kayak in at Big Eddy before...there's a little cut that goes out to the main river and I've paddled up to the dam before. I didn't know there was another access on the west side of the river.

Thanks for the map. I was completely off my rocker... The only place I knew about down there was Love's, and I've been calling that place Goodtime's.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:33 pm 
Site Admin

a lot of people fish the big eddy but mostly after a big rain . the water in there is
kind of controlled by the tide if a big boat gets in there and the tide goes out
it may not be able to get back out. entrance is shallow.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:31 pm 

HGX_Fisherman wrote:
Nice catches! It's always fun to hit multiple water bodies in one day.

But I have to ask, are you referring to the pits off 90 by Goodtime's marina? I had a sheriff run me off the pits by the 4-wheeler trails before. He flagged me down from shore and started a conversation with me about it. He was very polite and cordial (and didn't even issue me a warning!) but basically it boiled down to the 4-wheeler trails are public, the ponds are not, and someone called and reported me. I know Goodtime's has their two ponds they charge to bank fish from, but this was a pond on the south side of 90. Has it changed in the last three years?

There are two 4x4 parks, one on north side one on the south side. South side you need to pay to enter. North side park fenced off and under forclosure. I dont fish either of these ponds.