Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:06 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Lost in the crowd
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:33 pm 

Went out Sunday morning and by 9 am Luce was full. There was not a place on the bayou that you could stop and not count 12 boats. I fished the bayou a little and picked up a couple of dinks then pulled up and went to the west fork. Was there about 2 minutes and noticed that 2 boats followed me over there from Luce. The water over there was a little too dirty for me so I went just scouting around. About noonish I headed back to the Ponderosa and it took forever to get there from the lake. Just too many boats out there now. Last winter I was looking forward to spring fishing...now I look forward to winter fishing. As bad as I hate to it looks like I will have a 2 hour drive on the weekends to fish Rayburn or Gibbons. Luce on the weekends is getting very dangerous and really over crowded.

Post subject: Re: Lost in the crowd
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:47 pm 

It's gotten worse the past few years & now with the bans on Livingston.....Yeap it's full house....
It's not bad crowded but when you have idgets mixed in that's when the danger comes in....
Enjoy......

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:58 pm 

I feel your pain, pal. The misses get's a bit uncomfortable when it is so crowded. We tried Luce briefly Sunday and I agree with your assessment - boats everywhere. We hit a few spots around there, but decided to find an area less congested.

Not too sure if some fishermen (and fisherwomen) get irritated when it is crowded or not, but we meet more aggressive boaters when crowded. One fella turned right in front of us last weekend at a high rate of speed as we were making our way across the lake. We made eye contact and I gave him a frownin'. He knew...

Regardless, wife and I will still make our way out to do some fishin' whether crowded or not. We're just a bit more observant when it is.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:08 pm 

Best part is catching fish when there not and they cut you off just before u catch it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:39 pm 

I know how you guys feel. I quit fishing and taking my family out on weekends a long time ago. All of the new and inexperienced boaters on the lake now makes it too dangerous for me. I work 14 days a month so I can pic and choose my lake time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:36 pm 

I've found in that I can usually do just as good in other areas of the lake as Luces. In fact the pattern pretty much stays the same for the rest of the lake most of the time. Just might have to do a little more running around.

I'll generally stay out of Luces, too many people and too much hurry.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:18 pm 

Definitely too many BassCats :oops:. They are way too fast too :roll: .