Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:44 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:53 pm 

I had a ride, then I didn't, and now I still don't. My usual fishing partner traded me in for a younger, less attractive co-angler for the Big Bass Tour. If anyone has an open seat and wants some company, I also know Conroe pretty well, I'll be happy to help with the expenses and even kick in a little extra...maybe like cover your second day entry fee. I'd offer a night with my sister, but I don't have one, BUT I know someone who does.

Plus, I need to make sure my partner isn't fishing all my honey holes I stupidly shared with him.

Thanks,

Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:35 am 

Ha ha haaaaa, he done got your all & gone to tha next.....don't worry bout your spots cause he claims'em as his now....
Hope ya find a ride....might wanna check with Daniel on here I think he's gonna feesh that tourney....

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:19 am 

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:01 pm 

If I had any idea how to run the north end of the lake I would take you up on it. There are no markers or marked boat trails up there and I have never fished it. I have been wanting to learn the north end but would prefer to follow someone around first. I do know that there are several stumps just under the water and those are what I am scared off when I don't know the trails up on the north end. There are a few zig zags that you need to do and I haven't got a clue when to zig or zag.
I met a guy that lives there a month back and we were going to do some runs but the power head on his motor went out about 3 minutes out from the ramp so I didn't get to do much. I went south on my on but there isn't much in the way on the south end.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:50 pm 

It's not that difficult. The new Hook-in-line map provides GPS/Waypoints which I and my "ride" just confirmed two weeks ago. I'll send you a picture of that portion of the map and the corresponding Coordinates in a PM.

Not 100% sure I want to fish it anymore now. Not sure how weather will impact patterns. Probably wouldn't take too much arm twisting though :)

BTW...I have caught my biggest fish on Lake Conroe South of the 1097 Bridge...even a couple of 10+, but those Momma's outta be on beds up north.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:00 am 

I imagine that this weather is about to dump a lot of water in the lakes around here. It will change the patterns on all of the lakes I bet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:24 pm 

looks like you will have time to find a new partner since they cancelled it for this weekend.

From Lake Conroe Big Bass event:
Due to the SJRA closure the event has been cancelled and rescheduled for Oct 8/9. Our apologies to everyone this affected.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:24 am 

That's enough time that I can have my boat put back together:)

Sucks for all those out of town people who were already down here pre-fishing.