Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:10 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:04 am 

Went out Sunday morning for a bit out of River Grove, tried 3-4 spots in the river and decided to go to main lake. First stop produced first keeper of the morning, then had one more slap at the spinnerbait and that was it. Then went over to fish some cypress trees and picked up couple more then decided to go on in.

Yesterday, turned 48! and decided to get a quick trip in before I had to do what turned out be a lot of work on a day I was not supposed to have . First stop produced two bites but they were huge white bass! Second stop produced 2 nice keepers then decided to call it early. Went to take off, put in gear nothing, started again, put in gear, nothing. American flag wrapped around prop! I got out and swam around and it came off rather easily.

Water still dirty all over. No idea on temp, graph worked Sun, nothing yesterday. I am noticing a lot of shad in the shallows right when the sun come up.

Also Lake Houston marina only has 1 boat ramp open right now. They are rekeying the big "A" and it is open now with no lock on it. My old key is useless now and I predict alock on it any day now.