Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:44 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Getting Out this weekend
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:22 am 

This weekend is my first day off of work since the flood. I plan on getting on the water with my grandson for a couple of hours so help me out guys as I don't have time to find them. Where are the fish? Where has the water cleaned up? Where are the new hazards to look out for? I will be putting in far south and working my way north. I may make it to Luce but not sure if it is clear to get in there. It will probably be another month before I get another day off so I would like to spend a little time catching rather than fishing. I know where my regular holes are but not sure if I can even get to them now or if the water is cleaned up to the nice dirty tea color or is it still cream and coffee everywhere. Just trying to keep from spending all of our time hunting since I don't have much time to spend.
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

your old regular holes are probably not there any more . if the hole is there the structure is
probably gone .holes they were 5 feet deep are now 20 feet deep and what was 20 feet
deep are now 5 feet deep. standing trees in the lake are now gone .
luces is about as clear as it gets . east fork is med clear to muddy the farther you go
north. and these waters are changing with the rains we are having each day. But the crappie
and large mouth and white bass are all hitting good. be safe out there . a lot of stumps
just under the water. fairly clear in the bayou south of ponderosa. AS far as running.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:24 pm 

Yes, I watched SK 's video and saw some bare spots that had trees. I figure I will have to start over finding routes and fishing spots now. I had been staying out of Luce for the summer due to boat traffic but now that it is cooling down the boaters are thinning out I may ease in there and check it out. My guess is that the humps I fished on the south end main lake are either higher up or no longer humps. This may be an interesting trip for me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:04 pm 

Typical fall patterns will get the job done for you sir. They are biting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:14 am 

I am going to check it out