Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:14 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Today
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:34 pm 

Didn’t relaize how much it had rained last night so we went out and tried the white bass today. Ran up to split and it was chocolate milk flowing 6+ mph. Took trolling motor and both power poles to hold in current. Had no luck so floated down stream fishing. I ended up getting one hit by a largemouth when I found some clear water in a cut.

Ran down to watch the crappie weigh in but I guess SK was the only one that toughed it out. Other than him we were the only boat in the water.

Raptor

Post subject: Re: Today
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:40 pm 

It dont take much to get the current ripping at that split. I sat here at work all day watching the wind from the 10th floor at 45 & 99, glad I was inside! It will settle by Tue hopefully.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:36 pm 

I biked in LHWP on Sunday and ended up over on the East Fork where we took a break. It was still running hard and muddy.

We also pedaled over by Peach Creek. It looked a lot clearer and less flow in comparison to the other two. It may be worth wade / bank fishing.

Raptor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:17 am 

Thanks for the heads up, Raptor. Yeah, God would have to stare a hole into SK's hull to keep him off the water. :mrgreen: And even then, I see him finding a way to 'get on some fish'.

I don't think there was a weigh-in this past weekend, but I hear he was out there "whacking crappie". He is truly a devout fisherman.

I went up the bayou to the second bridge and you can just see the water differences and where they converge...both silty, only one was worse. It's as if there were several hundred softshell turtles burying themselves all at once...and doing so all day. The current colloidal suspension is just horrible. No wonder all the Lilly pads are vanishing. Likely rotting from the roots as the silt deposits itself on submerged foliage. :shock: :|

I don't want to have to go to lake of the pines to get some stained water. With these conditions, we may have to pull out flashing lighted Christmas ornaments to drop as jigs or the fish won't see the bait. :shock:

"Life is shorter than we've been lead to believe. Soak it all up like a dry sponge!" 8)

"If I never win anything else in life, I smile knowing I came in first place in a race of billions!" :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:26 am 
Site Admin

The cold weather has killed the lilly pads. Thanks for the report Raptor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:57 pm 

Those pads will come back up, and as they do a crankbait right over the top of them is a good pattern for LMBS. Works real good at Sheldon.