Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:40 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Is It Over?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:48 pm 

Is the run over? We went out this morning about 10:00 AM and headed up Caney hitting several spots with nary a bite. Talked to several boats headed back south and all said turn around and go home lol. The most we heard caught was 4. We ran to split and had it to ourself. My friend managed one which was a nice sized female.
After that we headed back to the lake trying several spots for largemouths with no luck. The East Fork was surprisingly muddy and with no bites we headed home.

Raptor

Post subject: Re: Is It Over?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:15 pm 

Sounds just like Luces. We ended up with 5 keepers but dang wind and bite was tough, we caught numerous small ones. We caught most on jigs but small ones were hitting minnows.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

wont be over till late April early may

caught a few yesterday on crappie jigs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:24 am 

Are you sure that was a female? I caught a few last week that based on size and belly I thought were surely female. After cleaning them they turned out to be all males. I believe the females haven't made the run yet. Strange year for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:20 am 

I dont think its over by far, I got a couple of goof contacts getting them good, just this weekend wayy up in Cypress Creek, so they are still doing their thing IMO. I think that whole stretch up there is getting beat all to heck this year though. I am not sure if it was like that last year but its got a lot of traffic. I was not boat fishing much for them last year but was in my yak behind LH park and it was hit or miss but my records show it tapered off considerably after 1st week of March.

Raptor did you try and troll any up there last week? I think that may be the ticket is to find the schools as they are moving every day. Had a friend stumble on a big school last week when no one was catching them. And no luck on the bass bite off the points, that was a good pattern for me Wed.

Rain forecasted this week may get some current going as it has slowed a lot, which helps with clarity but they like that current.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:01 am 

Sounds like some of you are talking about white bass and some are talking about crappie.

"Retired fishing" is just being out in the boat whenever you want.... and getting a Dairy Queen on the way home