Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:29 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Caney
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:13 pm 

So this caney is 4 maybe foot at the start and sand bars. And seems to be shallow for darn good run. I gave up on it today......again. Caney kills my vibe every time I try it. So I dont get it am I missing something here? If caney is supposed to be where white bass go to party then why cant I ever hear the music? Smh at caney...Dobby

Post subject: Re: Caney
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:52 pm 

Not that I chase bass but with all the years I've feeshed tha lake Caney Creek has only seen me a few times...

I think it takes a lot of scouting to get on the bass, my experience is they usually pick small stretches to stack up in.....GL

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:07 pm 

10-4 on the caney. And thank you for sharing how they stack up from now on if I catch one . I will then sit on them longer before moving on to the next spot......Dobby

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

http://palmettoguideservice.com/article ... sSpawn.htm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:22 am 

A lot of good info there. Thanks sticko.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:08 pm 

Good stuff there, Sticko. Thanx!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:51 pm 

Yeppers got me thinking it was rain flow that made a wave of them nove in. And not the start of the run....but you know who will be up in east fork Feb 1st looking for them.....me haha...they are better in the east fork or luce?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:15 pm 

About 10 - 12 years ago, Caney Creek was on fire as far as catching white bass during the spawn . . limits were the norm. I have not found any significant numbers of white bass up there in several years, and not sure exactly why. I can tell you that Caney is much shallower in spots than it used to be. It used to be fairly easy to run all the way up to the Onion Creek fork without touching bottom.

I chase the white bass in the main lake during the summertime, and although I can usually find a few . . they aren't there in the numbers that they used to be. That may be a big reason why they aren't showing up in Caney like they used to.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:57 pm 

That really a shame. I am really looking forward to the run. Crappie are my all time passion fish. But after catching a few whites they are my 2nd passion fish. My father would tell me about getting into schools of them and I have been wanting to experience what he has. So I will keep my fingers crossed. The most I ever caught was yesterday at 8 total. But not a one today...mind blowing for sure. Don't know how I go from 8 to 0 over night. My wife even came today because she is looking to catch her first white. She has caught a lot of crappie. But still seeks her first white. Im happy and thankful we did get catch some crappies today while looking for them white bass.....my search continues. Thank you for the info.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:34 pm 

Anybody try fishing Caney farther north closer to Peach Ck? And if so any luck? I have seen boats get that far up in previous years.