Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:19 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:56 pm 

Nice reports! I have only fished it one time but I thought the east fork at FM1485 is posted up downstream?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:07 am 

Are you asking if its posted no trespassing downstream of 1485? If so, not that I'm aware of. Heavily trafficked trails follow the creek and no signs. Been fishing this area for years and never had any problems. Have been checked by game warden as well. Just north of 1485 bridge they are starting construction of hwy99 but downstream no problem.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:44 pm 

Txfisherman-2016 wrote:
Any reports from this weekend? I am hoping to take my annual trip up there on Wednesday of this week.

Just a heads up about the east fork san jacinto - fished the creek this morning and caught 20 keeper with several being females. Stopped around 10am to run some errands and after picking daughter up from school we returned to the creek and very unhappy to find that the water clarity was at Zero...dk what actual cause is but would guess some sand or gravel mine upstream drained waste water into creek. Literally couldnt see more than 2in into water, if that. Know this happens occasionally but Dont know how long it will take to move downstream or clear up or how long the bite will be affected. But Just wanted to give quick update before u go

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:36 pm 

New York City protects it's watersheds. They have beautiful clear reservoirs full of fish and unpolluted. Houston lets sand mining operations dump massive amounts of who knows what into their main drinking water reservoir...its insane. It's sad to see the extent of their strip mining on both the water and the land. But, hey anything for a buck right? :roll: They probably illegally released water from their settling pond before todays rain. This not only roils the water but the silt kills the eggs and fry.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:13 pm 

Finally got a chance to get out and fish yesterday. Caught a bunch of small undersized male white bass. Managed only 2 keepers both males. Did see some spawning activity but not much. Caught fish on a bunch of lures but best was a chartreuse spinning grub roadrunner-like.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:35 pm 

I was up there this week..lots of Yellow Bass, no white bass at all for me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:38 pm 

From what other people have told me is that when the yellows show up the white bass run is nearing a close.