Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:19 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:36 am 

With the water level back to "normal" I've been hitting various spots in Kingwood from East End Park to the west side of King's Point. The fish seem to be back up into these areas although I have not gotten into anything epic.

The Cypress trees in East End make it hard to get to the water and cast but I've managed to find a few spots and plan to take some snips or a small bow saw to clear a little room to cast (I mean a little, I am not going to go all lumberjack down there). I've managed a couple of nice Blues down there and even a couple of gar. Of course snakes a plenty with a copperhead that was literally about 8 inches from my hand as I was untying my dog's leash from a Cypress knee.

King's Point is a little easier to fish. Bulkheads most of the way and then the point by the creek entrance are good spots to set up. Last night I caught 6 fish on the south end of the bulkhead. Most were caught under a cork right against the bulkhead and all but 1 were too small to keep but I caught them on a little dock demon rod with 6lb test so it felt like hauling some monsters. Fun stuff.

Bait wise they only seem interested in shad. I've tried chicken hearts and get nothing but a turtle buffet.

Remember that you need a K sticker to park at East End. King's Point has signs that say Private Property but I never know if that applies to only King's Point residents or Kingwood residents that pay Trails fees (as I am and do). Hoping to get out this weekend on the lake and see what the water level change has done out there.

Attachments:
blue.jpg
blue.jpg [ 38.58 KiB | Viewed 1206 times ]
copperhead.jpg
copperhead.jpg [ 37.26 KiB | Viewed 1206 times ]
gar.jpg
gar.jpg [ 41.64 KiB | Viewed 1206 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:10 pm 

bank fishing near the power lines has also been bad. Turtles. turtles and more turtles.