Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:53 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:23 am 

Any of the three options are good so I'll not vote and accept the consensus. I still think there needs to be a method to officially raise a concern or protest, have a time limit on being able to voice that protest and a resolution method. There will come a time when an after the fact vote isn't feasible or it'll be split and undecided.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:44 am 

I'll add that the only concern I have with option 2 is that bjs scale may not measure the weight the same as the handheld scale that is used for the rest. If a money spot is determined by a very small difference and two different scales are used then that opens up another can of worms.

A test that uses both scales will need to be done before accepting that to see if they are close enough to allow that option with confidence. Maybe if there is an ounce or two difference on the vary rare occasion that bjs scale is used that the weight from the handheld scale is weighed on bjs scale too to make sure the finishing order is valid.

I know that may seem petty, but it might help avoid bad blood in the future.

And that would be the same if option 1 is selected too with different scales used.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:03 pm 

Number two makes the most sense. Personally, I don’t care if I win or lose. If I catch fish, I’m a winner in my own book. Just sayin...

http://www.hack1966.com
Courage is being scared to death, but saddle's up anyway
John Wayne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:46 pm 

Greg you're right but this is more a friendly contest than us having a lawyer and judge to decide the weight of a few fish....
It's not like this is a common occurrence.....
Yes I would love for us to be able to discuss differences at the weigh-in and resolve any issues there....
Let's make sure when we have single man, jigs only one man events we don't have a second rod hanging out of our boats or a minna boat dragging on side of our boats....
Let's make this thing work, respect one another and have fun...
It is the reason we do this.....

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

Check Out Some Good Crappie Vids Here....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:55 pm 
Ken W your thought?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:57 pm 

All, the rules for the tournament state: .
You must be in line at B.J.’s marina no later than 30 minutes after tournament end time. If not you will be disqualified.
ANYONE CAUGHT BREAKING A RULE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!!!!
Seems pretty clear cut to me.
I like to fish.
I don't like arguing and finger pointing. Fish, have some fun, share a little information sometimes and be done with it.
With the public reading these 2 pages (and the whole forum) you will be hard pressed to increase the # of tournament fisherman.
We don't need a tournament director and lie detectors to fish a local crappie tournament.
At least I don't.
In reference to following other boats and marking their spots I think that is not good.
But it is a public lake. You can all but tie off to another boat and not much you can do about it.
We need to all fish and get along.
The joking and cheap talk is good but only to a point.
Let your 7 fish speak for themselves.
My 2 cents.

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:42 pm 

I dont have an issue with no rules. I'm cool with what ever everyone choose. I just wanna go fishing!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:17 pm 

Don't want to be hard ass, but if you are going to have rules they need to be enforced. The rules are spelled out very well, I voiced my complaint to 2 different members at weigh-in. I will continue to fish but I expect the rules to be followed!!!!!!! I enjoy our tournaments very much. If yall want to let Tony weigh in fish that's fine by me. Just check Randy's scale for accuracy, add that to the rules. I will not speak of this again, we will move forward. Just need to have everyone on the same page.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:16 pm 

Wow I didn’t know all this unfolded. Ken you claim to call some violation on me , I call bullshit sir. You claim to witness me with 2 poles in the water during the single pole tournament, you’re correct , I just broke my jig off one pole, laid it down and grabbed my back up and kept fishing. You saw a 2nd line in the water with no jig on it genius!

Now it you got an issue with me getting called in to work. It seems you had no issue when another player that broke his axel in BJs parking lot called in his weight and didn’t weigh in??you got an issue with somebody calling in 4 fish ?? Think about that for a second!!!??? I cant believe you took the time to type this BS. I’ve regarded you as a good fisherman, I’m almost embarrassed for you right now. Don’t make no dam sense. I’ll stay away

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:51 am 

What I think is we all need to find
out how much a scale cost that they
use at the crappie masters not the exact
same one but one similar and not as
pricey and go in together and buy it.Randy
can keep it and the day of the tournament
r a day before take it to BJ's and he'll have it
if or when someone needs to take off
early so everyone fish will be weighed
on the same scale. And after the tournament
Randy takes it back home. Done deal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:18 pm 

Lamar, If I was mistaken then I sincerely apologize. I do not want you to not fish the tournament. I just feel that the rules need to be enforced, I hope you will except my apology and continue fishing. We do need to have someone in charge, every tournament going has someone to settle any conflicts at the weigh in. That way things will not fester and grow. Once again Lamar I hope you will continue fishing!!!!! I am done with this matter as stated before.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:32 pm 

Being a long time member on this board , longer than SK anyway, and being in good standing, having a Crappie Club shirt to prove it, I am disinclined to acquiesce to the request of rule changing...
After all, we are in Texas and not California...
We, meaning that some day I just might fish one of these tourneys, should be able to understand and follow the existing rule....
Therefore........ Number 3 applies...
No #2 & No #1, this isn’t a port a potty...
And there are no participation trophies...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:11 am 

I want to weigh in on this one. I don't get to fish many of the tournaments, but when I do I love the fellowship I have experienced with the club members. I consider myself a club member, got a shirt, and will wear it proudly when I fish these tournaments. I have been a member of 4 fishing clubs over the last several years and can honestly say that nothing will break a club up faster than conflict among the members. That being said, I agree with Craphac and Okden . Rule number 4 of the tournament rules should be upheld in any tournament situation, unless you plan on formally changing that rule to something different by formal vote. You cannot make a change to a rule during an ongoing tournament, regardless of the reason. If breaking a rule had resulted in a payout to one individual, instead of the person who had followed the rule, then you would really have an unfair situation to deal with, and there are going to be hard feelings. If the rules are set in place and upheld , there should be no need for a tournament director, especially in a small, friendly competition type tournament such as these monthly tournaments. Several are working hard to move the club forward, these types of conflicts are only going to make people think twice about being a part of the group. This is a fun group, I really enjoy checking in on the tournament results, watching the videos, and learning from the pros...…. Can't everyone just get along. Its all about the fishing , fellowship and fun !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Well said Ann