Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:16 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:59 am 

I've been workn on my recordings from this past w-end and it's gonna be a goodern..... had to break it up in a part one and part two or it could have been 45mins long....
Nothin but hook setting on some that were BIG OLE SLABS.....
I might even have an invisible buddy fishn with me while I'm casting at the bank wishing for a bite..... :lol: y'all know I'm lying....I go to where they at, where they be & knock on their door..... you know where it takes a lil bit of work hunting & targeting SLAB CRAPPIES..... :wink: :wink:
Did I just put an s at the end of crappie.... :mrgreen:

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:27 am 
Site Admin

Keep up the good work sk

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:49 am 

sticko wrote:
Keep up the good work sk

Mr. Sticko I always think back to when you told me "just don't stop and buy no minners and the jigs will work for you"..... just so you know that was the best thing I could have ever done right next to learning how to use my electronics.....
I have passed that on to a lot of folks, some listen otherns don't.....
Thanks again good buddy....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

yes sir once you decided to not take minnows. That was the day you decided if i want to
catch some crappie it will have to be on a jig. You caught crappie that first day with your jigs
so now you have taken the jigs and your fishing to another level even opening another
world to you with jig tying. Also using your electronics when you copy your scans then
study your scans at home. Now i am learning from you on the electronics. When i started
crappie fishing i had no electronics i learned how to find under brush piles the hard way
also had to triangulate to be able to find the brush piles the next time i wanted to fish
them.
But you have me paying more attention to the what looks likes small stumps or brush on the
side image go ahead and drop a marker on them go put the down image on them and
fish them sometimes they are much bigger than thought to be also some of the smaller
ones hold the most fish.
one thing that has helped me is to narrow the range on my side image. Probably will help others
is i know the crappie relate to the creek and river channels They use these as highways to travel
from place to place then move up to feed. I narrowed my field to under 40 feet that makes things
more clear and when you throw the marker out the back of the boat it will land very close to the
pile you want to fish. I just try to hold in 8 -10 feet depth just off the edge of the channel rim .
piles in that area will usually hold fish .

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:55 pm 

Yes sir but that is too much work for most folks.... they just wanna pull up to a bank with visible limbs and fish that....
To me it's just as fun using my electronics as it is fishn....
Yes some of those small stumps hold a lot of fish and that is what my 3lber came off of....
I LOVE hunting those small stumps that everybody just pass right over... and I don't have to worry about no one bird dogging me... well they do but they never get in the right spot....
I laugh at some folks that have those big fancy units and they are only for show...
Those that don't have them should be lookn at some of the sites that folks put stuff on to sell....
I found a heckuva deal on a unit that I'll be getting soon, really don't need it but I'll find use for it....
Yes lowering the range really blows the stuff you pass over up... Getting the biggest unit you can afford really helps with setting stuff with a wider range....with the 1199 I have I run at 85' and can pic up and see the smallest of stuff that's on the bottom of the lake...

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

EGator wrote:
If I ever start videoing my comedy routine yawl will be the first to see em.
The funnest part has to be the look my wife gives me when I ask her to lower her bent pole when someone drives by. lol

Even i am not brave enough to tell my wife that.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:37 am 

silentkilla wrote:
Not to knock ole Richard but I wish I had folks promoting my vids like he does his....
I'm not that good of a BS'er to talk to a imaginary friend....
I did some how to vids and they got less views than my hook'em and bam'em vids... Go Figure....
Nobody wants to hear there's actually work involved in being good at catchn crappie....

How bout promoting local boys like....

SK's Crappie Catching Adventures

Or

LBG's Crappie Catchn Adventures

Or

Butz's Crappie Catching Adventures

I'm also subscribed to HookCityTv ... good ol' boy from N. Texas there.