Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:12 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:24 pm 

1st--Butz & Knotrite--7 Fish-11.79lbs--Big Fish-1.76lbs

2nd--Ken & Craphac--7 Fish-9.56lbs--Big Fish-1.69lbs

3rd--SK--7 Fish-9.39lbs--Big Fish-1.58lbs

4th--LBG--6 Fish-8.59lbs--Big Fish-1.87lbs (Big Fish Weinner)

5th--Donnie--4 Fish-4.60lbs--Big Fish-1.47lbs

What a day, great day nonetheless however the catchn for a few was great but a tough bite for others.... conditions were great other than the muddy water everywhere....
A BIG CONGRATS to Knotrite and Butz on the W and to LBG on the BIG FISH win....
Congrats to all that participated....

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

Check Out Some Good Crappie Vids Here....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:07 pm 

Congrats Randy and Jim.

I didn't know about the tournament Saturday. I fished the lake for the first time since the old bayou city crappie club days. I caught 2. Obviously I need to knock some rust off of my skills.

I'm in the same old boat I used to have but is yellow and a center console instead of dual consoles now. You can't miss it. But I'm still fat and the same. Holler at me if you see me on the lake. I've been busy working and not fishing, trying to change that but might need some pointers so I can take your money in a tourney some day. :) where did everybody go? I can account for me and Shannon. I see butz and wolf are still at it. Jigster, big dave, Ken, hound, Don, the judge, Charlie, Terry Robertson, meloncon and I can't remember his partners name??? Still around or disappeared like me?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:36 pm 

I had fun as always just getting out on the water Congrats to Jim & Randy on the win and to Ken & Bubba on 2nd place. But since the next tournament is on my birthday I'm
need yall gentleman to come with your A game. Cause I plan on coming in first place and with big fish so bring it on.Lol just talking trash don't mind me it's all about having fun and good company.See yall on the water.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:09 am 
I love it that it will be your birthday LBG cause everybody deserves a good spanking on their birthday, Be looking forward to it myself just to get out and fish with you all. Not to mention I will not have to hear Kotright in the boat for 8 hours, if ever a bull shitter he is the one, he holds true to his name knotright cause he is knotright. LOL :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:20 am 
Hey Greg good to hear from you, as for Jigster, big dave, Ken, hound, Don, the judge, Charlie, Terry Robertson, meloncon and his partners we call him special ED. not many still fish the tourney every month. I talk to Jimmy and ED now and then, just seen LJ last weekend for the first time in two years, have not heard from big Dave for ever do not know what happened to him, Ken, hound, Don, still around just do not fish the tournaments much. we still are going every month got some new people fishing now that you would like very mush they are a good bunch and love to bullshit. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:45 pm 

Congratulations everyone . Good job on big fish LBG. Jim and Randy, wow 2 weekends in a row, you must have some good Crappie hiddy holes. Watch out , SK will really be stepping up his game next round!

I couldn’t fish this one. But hope to be back out there soon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:40 pm 

ann wrote:
Congratulations everyone . Good job on big fish LBG. Jim and Randy, wow 2 weekends in a row, you must have some good Crappie hiddy holes. Watch out , SK will really be stepping up his game next round!

I couldn’t fish this one. But hope to be back out there soon

How could I leave Shane off that list. As much of a fishing addict as he is, I'm sure he is till around. No?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:41 pm 

butz wrote:
Hey Greg good to hear from you, as for Jigster, big dave, Ken, hound, Don, the judge, Charlie, Terry Robertson, meloncon and his partners we call him special ED. not many still fish the tourney every month. I talk to Jimmy and ED now and then, just seen LJ last weekend for the first time in two years, have not heard from big Dave for ever do not know what happened to him, Ken, hound, Don, still around just do not fish the tournaments much. we still are going every month got some new people fishing now that you would like very mush they are a good bunch and love to bullshit. :mrgreen:

How could I leave Shane off that list. As much of a fishing addict as he is, I'm sure he is till around. No?

I really want to try and make one of these May tournies, but Mother's Day weekend and Memorial Day weekend? Going to be a tough row to hoe. Especially the 12th, I have a huge work project in Perth AUS (i'm and IT geek that has to upgrade stuff around the world ) that starts Friday morning Houston time and if all goes well, then I'll be done about the time the tournament starts Saturday morning. I'll be tweeked up on caffine and might make a run for the lake to join you guys. If not then, then I'll try to make the Memorial Day weekend tournie for sure. I'll be donating the first few until I get the lay of the land. Looks like a hurricane hit the upper end of the lake and changed all around from what I remember. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:31 pm 

Saw a Black Truck on 2100 Sunday, had a sticker that said "crappie whisperer". Who might that be??

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 pm 

@ Greg....

I see you're asking about all those other folks but i'm gonna ask about you..... where have you been? Did you see the post on the upcoming one man, single pole arty only tourney? Guess we'll be seeing you there....

Shane was on the lake satdy fishn a bass tourney....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:36 pm 

undercoverbassman wrote:
Saw a Black Truck on 2100 Sunday, had a sticker that said "crappie whisperer". Who might that be??

I'll bet he's a wannabe.... ain't no such thang as a crappie whisperer.... except maybe Sticko..... :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:14 pm 

silentkilla wrote:
@ Greg....

I see you're asking about all those other folks but i'm gonna ask about you..... where have you been? Did you see the post on the upcoming one man, single pole arty only tourney? Guess we'll be seeing you there....

Shane was on the lake satdy fishn a bass tourney....

Working, putting a kid through college, bought a beach house at San Luis pass and spent all my free time there Fishing salty water.

Kid graduated and got her CPA, traded the beach house for a stack of bills in a change of marital status, and I'm hoping work will lighten up enough for me to stop working 6 days a week. :).

I saw the one pole challenge, but it is doubtful at best that I'll be available that day, I'll be there if a planned work event allows but that's about a5% chance of that happening. I will try to make the one later in May though. As of now nothing has me scheduled that will get in the way of that.

The only thing that reminded me of this website was that I had 1 crappie in the live well Saturday and I tried to give it to a couple of guys fishing close by. They said they couldn't take it because they were fishing a tournament. I got home and started digging on the internet for crappie tournie on lake houston and wound up here.

Now I'm getting crappie fever again I think. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:29 pm 

@ silent killa, I saw you in the mouth of luce and was staring you down trying to figure out what that tall pvc pole was on your boat. After watching a video you posted, I think I have it figured out now. Next time I'm staring you down, it'll be because I'm trying to triangulate the brushpile you're on the way you were snatching fish out of the water on YouTube. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:43 pm 

LOL....I seen you buzzing around in that big yella center console.... come on an join us at the tourneys.... work can wait until that next Monday....
Don't be stealing the few piles I got.... they don't produce no feesh anyway.... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:00 pm 

I didn't think about a camera, I thought it was some sort of weather station. I thought you were getting serious about knowing the wind speed and barometric pressure and trying to know how it effects the bite.

I was buzzing around because nothing looks the same in the east fork. Harvey really turned that upside down. Not one of my go to spots was a go to spot any longer. A decade passing will do that even without a biblical flood though.