Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:52 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:41 am 

LAKE HOUSTON DECEMBER 16TH 2017 Crappie TOURNAMENT.
The tournament will be held DECEMBER 16TH 2017,the weigh in will be at B.J.’s Marina, 27907 Calvin's Road, Huffman, TX 77336. This is a 1 or 2 man event (Max 2 people per boat). Entry fee is $30 per person. Each team will enter 7 fish at the weigh in. Money collected will be paid out for the top three heaviest 7 fish strings and the big fish of the tournament (Less permit fee).
You can enter at B.J.’s Marina anytime until the day of the tournament. No more entries will be accepted after start time.

""PLEASE LAUNCH AND USE ALL BJ's ACCOMODATIONS SINCE THEY ARE SPONSORING THIS YEARS TOURNAMENT""

RULES:
1. Maximum two people per boat, $30 per person. $5 goes in big fish pot, balance pays top three places 50%/30%/20% split.
2. No more than 7 fish will be weighed in per boat at end of tournament.
3. Tournament hours: Line in water (start time) when ever you can see and out of water by 3:00 pm (end time).
4. You must be in line at B.J.’s marina no later than 30 minutes after tournament end time. If not you will be disqualified.
5. You can use any legal means to catch your fish.
6. You may not come within 50 feet of another boat unless you are underway, passing or docking at the marina for the weigh in.
7, You may use Minnows and fish from the bank or Docks and from kayak if you should choose so.
ANYONE CAUGHT BREAKING A RULE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!!!!

( NOTE ) This will be the last tournament of 2017. After weigh in we will be voting weather or not to keep tournaments going being we are not getting very good turn outs, kind of like posting on this site when it was not getting enough, and if we do keep them going we talked about keeping up with points for the year. please come and put your input in, :D your vote will count. THANKS ALL and MERRY CHRISTMASS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:35 pm 

What?

Take stopping the tourneys off the table.... period....

Yes I vote for the point system....

We just need some more die hards to come join us.....I can't believe with all the folks that like crappie fishn its this hard to find folks that wanna compete & show their skills during these tourneys....
I seen a couple folks out that were fishn with us but I guess they quit wanting to step their game up to compete in these tourneys.....
Like I say all the time crappie catchn ain't for everyone, it for sure takes dedication & persistence to consistently catch these fish....
Quitting the tourneys will not help you, asking question and paying attention to the info shared at the weigh-ins will help anyone that want to put the time in to learn....

Jim let me make sure you & Knoterite don't wanna quit cause y'all are SKEEERED of the SK crappie catchn machine??? :shock: :o 8) :lol: :mrgreen:

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:56 pm 

Omgosh. The one reason I'm trying to move back for is in danger of stopping? Heck I'm only an inch a way from getting to move back to Texas. The problem can be fixed. But just incase it doesn't and yall do shut down these tournaments. Rest in the fact there are folks out there already planning a start up replacement venue for lake Houston crappie fishing tournaments. So keep it with improvements or let fall by the wayside no matter but it will carry on....competiton is good.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:14 pm 

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Don't stop the tournaments guys!! Even if there is low turnout, its still a reason for the guys that want to fish to get together regularly and BS afterwards. And I'm all for a points system. Call it the Lake Houston Crappie Cup.

November and December are bad months for me with the munchkin and family flying at us from every which way, but I'll be back!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:51 pm 

Who is in for the tourney tomorrow, I will have Ann fishing with me as Randy is out with his arm, he just had it operated on. Last one for the year lets have a good turn out :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:59 pm 

I'll be there. I assume I can drop the money in BJ's door slot in an envelope with my name on it tomorrow morning early.

Custom tied crappie jigs $18/doz plus shipping.

"Retired fishing" is just being out in the boat whenever you want.... and getting a Dairy Queen on the way home

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

looks like the weather is going to warm up better for you tomorrow than they predicted earlier in
the week Good luck and be safe out there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:56 am 

YES YOU CAN DUTCH THEY ARE AWARE THAT WE RE HAVING IT, GOOD LUCK GUYS AND BE SAFE. :D