Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:42 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Took Craphac
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

Out on a sticko fishing adventure Saturday morning. We had a little Northeast
wind and the morning started out cool . The North wind had shut the crappie
bite down also put the crappie tight to the cover. morning bite was really slow
for us and the crappie were scattered out fairly bad At the first hole we stopped
at. I have not been on the lake but twice since the flood . I had only located three
places that were holding fish . All of the old fish holding places that i relied on for years
to put some fish in the boat on the blue bird days have been washed away. None
of my way points that i have looked at has any structure left on them.
so basically i only had three places to try to get us on some fish. the second place
i took him to i thought we would catch several fish there . Because the last two trips
i made this area had produced several fish. But yesterday when we hit it we never
got one fish from it . So now i just hit a couple lone piles i find on the scan and they
produced nothing. I had decided to go back to where we had started the day Because
it had produced a couple of fish for us. Also the water was a little cleaner. On the way
to that hole i remembered another place that i had caught only a couple fish on the last
trip so we turned in there. Right away carphac caught a very nice fish, then i caught one
we sat right there and caught several fish with a few being nice size fish. It was a fun day
on the water.

Post subject: Re: Took Craphac
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:41 pm 

EXCELLENT times on tha water....

Yeap the stuff that is there is holding feesh juss gotta find the productive new piles...

Good to hear the water is clearing up....

Sticko 's fishn adventures....LOL when cab we see rage vid.....LOL

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:05 pm 
Site Admin

I could never be a movie star like calm and cool sk just sitting there on his white seat.
I stumble around and trip over my ice chest trying to net craphac's fish. I somehow got
my anchor rope wrapped around the shaft of the trolling . Got our jigs hung in the anchor
rope. I could not get my remote to go first thing in the morning the battery was not making
contact so Craphac had his remote and programmed it to run my troll motor . But i got mine
working . So once i was fishing close to a big bush and i guess Craphac bent over and somehow
his remote hit the rabbit and the troll motor jumped me head first into the bush me thinking it was my
remote and i am trying to shut this thing down and can't. I know i had to look silly was it time to
abandon ship oh no the skipper has to go down with his ship. I could not call it a rage video although
it may look like a rage it would have to be the sticko's comedy series.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:25 pm 

Well 1st off it's good y'all dint get hurt.....

2nd that would have been hilarious to get on vid, that's if the camera dint get knock into the lake from the branches.....LOL

After I make my modification to have doubles sets up front I plan on having guest on the vids...

I gotta settle on what will work the best, with the boat being so wide I might go with a bench style set so it won't have me out of position when feeshn by myself.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

bench might work good that way you both could get on the fish.
that is why i had the anchor rope out was to get the boat sideways
to the fish where i was not front ending my Guest . So he was able to
reach the fish also.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:24 pm 

Yes sir.... unless there's two sets up front it makes it hard to feesh more than one person while feeshn for crappie...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:57 pm 

A huge thank you to Sticko for the invite and the trip. He is a wealth of knowledge. He and Dutch made me a box (100+) of hand tied jigs! Lots of good colors in 1/16th and 1/8th oz. And put some snap swivels, weedless hook covers and other things in the box. Also some slab jam fish attractant. And quite a few soft plastic jigs. It was like Christmas in September.
Sticko turned out to be a good guide and a conversationist. He started picking on me a little which finally broke the ice. It was a fun day and great company. Sticko "missed" quite a few fish on the hook set and lost several fish right at the boat. He was giving plenty of chances to out fish him. Ha! I caught a couple while he was keeping the boat out of the brush and a couple more while he was eating his lunch. Then to show what a great guy he is, he let me catch the biggest fish of the day. Almost 14" long.
Thank you Sticko and Dutch.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:08 pm 

Glad to hear you guys had such a great time. That sucks the flood moved everything around and brush points are no longer where they were. It wont be long before you find new spots. Be safe out there.