Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 12:58 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:50 pm 

Where a good spot to fish from the bank for crappie?
Im a jig fisherman new to Houston dont have a boat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:39 am 

Love the spirit! I wish I could be more help. But I see a lot of fishing from bank and around the bridge at ponderosa marina. Its seven bucks to park there but thats far more welcoming than some places. I also like little cypress park off Eldridge Pkwy. They stock white crappie there. A friend of mine also told me the spillways on lake Anahuac produce some huge crappie. I hope if you go he was right lol...best of luck to you.. I hope I helped.... its ironic too that so much money is spent on getting a boat so one might get access to fish. Then spend most the time on water throwing lures at the banks...lol....Don

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:20 am 
Site Admin

sorry there is very little access to bank fishing on lake houston
your best bet would be from the
bank at the fm 2100 bridge.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:07 pm 

Thanks any help better then no help

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:33 pm 
Site Admin

I used to tear them up from the bank fishing the spillway below lake sommerville

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:41 pm 

I watch lotsa folks feeshn from the bank, they through a cork/minna out yonder & let it set.....that may work sometimes....I prefer to hunt the crappie & I'm talkn feeshn from the bank....the bridges will hold feesh make several cast & work tha jig till you find that hot spot that they are feeding....each spot may take several cast because there are a lot of variables goin when casting....you have to put the jig in the right spot that includes the right depth & jig & action or maybe no action....catchn crappie is not for the person that want an easy target....there is no one answer to catch them....then when you do find something that work it may not the next minute, second, hour, day ect....
During the week I work out of town, no boat up here yet but I do a lot of bank feeshn & do very well in most of the spots I go to....
Yeap it takes time....years....months.....but if you enjoy the hunt it's time well spent......ENJOY THE HUNT....

No this is not a Lake Houston bridge.....LOL

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:54 pm 

I have had a lot of luck pulling crappie out of the east end park in kingwood. a little bit of a walk but worth it. junebug / truse is my go to. I hit every cypress stump I can reach. nothing to pick up 4-5 fish per hour after work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:35 pm 

try lake Houston marina around bulkheads and piers.caught 162 keepers in 4 weeks last spring.went there 13 times.all on slabolicious black and chartreuse