Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:37 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 8-6 fishing report
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:50 am 

Wife and I hit the lake just before 7am this morning. Loaded up the ski and off we went to a few spots we fished yesterday. Bites were pretty good for about 30 minutes - able to land 3 in the ski. Again, we fished 3' deep.

Bites stopped all at once. Roughly an hour later something took an interest in the misses minnow. Then the bobber went under and she struggled a minute to pull up a rather large turtle. It gave her a fright and I ducked out of habit. I learn quick.

We changed tactics afterwards and she fished close to the bank and I went about a 1' off the bottom. She landed about 4 bass and another small turtle. I received no bites and lost 5 hooks to the brush - along with the dip net.

Frustrated, we decided to head to the RR tracks and try our luck there. Once we reached 1960 we noticed the lake was a bit rough so we decided to head to the house to clean the ski and the 3 crappie we were blessed to have.

Tomorrow may be a good day to find out exactly where I'd like to install the fish finder and transducer on the ski. I remember sticko sending me a few links to do just that. to be continued...

Stay safe out there!