Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:22 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: LEARNING TO FISH JIGS #8
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:07 am 
Site Admin

Well i have been learning along with the rest of you.

I have seen many of you struggle to catch fish off of your brush piles

also struggle to get your markers close to the piles. Others have said there

is brush all around here . Having your marker close to a pile and not on the pile

will be the difference in producing fish and not catching fish. If the fish are aggressive

they will range out from the pile to take a jig. But with the fishing pressure they have

on lake houston most of the time you need to be right on top and bumping the wood to

get the fish to bite. if you do not get on the brush. you might just as well chunk your marker

any where you wont catch many fish doing this.

If you want to catch fish jigging piles . follow these instructions and you will be catching fish in

no time MOST IMPORTANT PUT YOUR TROLL MOTOR ON ITS SLOWEST SPEED. If your fishfinders

transducer is on the bottom of the troll motor . once your transducer goes over a brush pile . at that instant

if you drop your throw able marker buoy right beside the troll motor it will be right on top of the brush.

I lay my marker on the deck of the boat right next to my troll motor the very instant i see brush enter the

right side of my fish finder screen i kick my marker off into the water. the marker will be on the pile

as i have seen people think they can get on the brush piles with the troll motor going faster. But by the time

they see it on the screen and drop the marker they are well past the pile. You might as well not waste your time

you will just frustrate yourself because you will not touch the brush.

colors of jig tails for houston . Lots of colors work here are basics : BLACK/TRUSE , blue/truse , chartreuse/glitter,

red/truse , white/truse. blue/ice , brown/orange , orange/truse, blk/red/truse , blue/white.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

tt

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]