Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

I use a highly visible fluorescent green line.
You hear a lot about the colored line spooking the fish. But i have not found this to be true. I catch just as many fish or more than i did using clear line.
It greatly helps you detect the extremely delicate bite of the crappie at times.
Crappie will hit mostly on the fall of the bait. So constantly watch where your line enters the water most of the time you will see the strike in your line long before you feel it in your hand. If you see your line bump, jump, twitch, move off to the left or right. or coil up on the water (SET THE HOOK !!!!!!)
Sometimes the crappie will come up under the jig and hit it as the crappie is rising you will see the line coil on the water and you will feel the line go slack. or if using a cork. The cork will just lay over. SET THE HOOK. The crappie has the jig in its mouth and has just raised the jig up giving slack in the line.
Another thing that will help you detect the strike of the fish is to hold your line between your thumb and index finger. When your casting on windy days and the waves on the water make it hard to see your line or the wind blows a belly in your line or your shooting under docks you can still feel the strike in the line your holding between your fingers.

work the jig slowly up and down with just your wrist up down just like shaking hands but very slowly

sometimes the crappie just want the jig held still in the brush.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:18 am 
Site Admin

tt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

tt

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]