Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:20 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

To find structure that holds crappie.
A depth finder
a few drop type buoy markers
a trolling motor

basic things needed much easier if the depth finder is mounted by the troll motor and the transducer on the bottom of the troll motor.

this is basic no matter what depth you decide to hunt.
i am using 10 foot depth because that is the best depth most of the time used by crappie on lake houston.

go out to the creek channel drop get into the 9 foot depth range . turn your troll motor on its slowest speed with the depth finder set on structure reading.
keep and eye on your depth finder try to keep in the 9-10 foot range as you move slowly down the channel edge till you see a piece of structure start to enter the viewing area on your finder screen.
as soon as it enters drop your buoy marker right be side the head of the troll motor.
circle around and nose your troll motor up to the buoy till the transducer sees what side the brush pile is on.

then drop your jig down to see if you can feel the limbs
crappie on !!!

good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:36 pm 

I agree it don't take an expensive fish finder to go out & enjoy catchn some good fish but if you can afford one of the SI units I highly recommend you get the best you can afford. They really help while scouting new areas since you have such greater coverage area & put you on stuff that most of the other fishing folks pass over. You get to fish new spots & finding them is as much fun as fishing them....

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

tt

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]