Basically people think this is raw fish. And it is if, you do not let it sit long enough.
Also a seasoning, ketchup or guacamole can be added for flavor.
1. Get a large enough bowl and lid to hold 3 or 4 fillets.
2. Place them in the bowl and cover with lime or lemon juice. I use lime. Make sure the fish is covered with lime.
3. Place in the fridge with the lid on.
4. Now this step is all in the wait. I have seen people wait as little as 2 hours. I'm skeptical eating anything raw. I eat steaks well well done. So I leave the fish overnight in the lime. Even adding a little more lime a few hours later and shake it around.
5. After the fish has acid cooked for a minimum of 12 hours.
6. You take a couple tomatoes, jalapeño or what ever pepper you like, cilantro and a white onion.
7. Chop it all up like pico. Or you can buy a small plastic container of pico and use that.
8. Remove the fish from the lime and place fillets on several paper towels.
9. Get more paper towels and press down on the fillets squeezing them to remove excess lime. Or you can just dry them with paper towels if you like a lot of lime.
10. Place fish on cutting board and chop it all up in small pieces.
11. Mix it with the pico and if you like. Squirt a little more lime. I have seen people use a little ketchup at this stage or guacamole even. I like min to look like pico.
12. The fish is so white and cooked it looks like you peeled the batter off of fried fish.
13. Server with tortilla chips or even serve as tacos.
My Ceviche looks like this.
I want to catch a Rainbow
catfish and become famous.