Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:38 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:27 pm 

Well............. When I pulled into the parking lot of BJ's for today's crappie tournament weigh-in, I hit a small pot hole and the right trailer spring (that I replaced 6 months ago) exploded into several pieces. By the time I stopped it had torn the axle off the frame on the right side, bent it, and the right tire was sticking out the back of the trailer with the rim crushed on the new tire I put on 3 days ago. Called Progressive and the trailer was insured with $250 deductible. Eventually got a flat bed tow truck out there through the insurance Co, and he loaded the trailer with the boat on it onto the flatbed. He had to take the other side of the axle off to do it. Of course all the trailer repair shops were all closed, so he followed me home and it is sitting by the curb in front of my house on two jack stands and the tongue dolly. I emptied it. Got home around 7:45. Monday I will call some shops and have it towed to them for repairs since it is covered by insurance. Any suggestions?

Custom tied crappie jigs $18/doz plus shipping.

"Retired fishing" is just being out in the boat whenever you want.... and getting a Dairy Queen on the way home

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:44 am 

Trout in Porter maybe for local or McClain. go on 2 cool and look up Paragod, he is off 105.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:10 am 

When my 16ft tandem utility trailer was damaged, they totalled it, almost without looking at it.. I don't know how much your trailer is worth, but i suspect they may do the same. If I were u, I would be pricing new and used trailers. If that trailer is worth less than $2000.00... my bet is they total it and take it from u.
My progressive was quick to total my son's truck when he was hit by an uninsured. I ended up buying it back and having it repaired. MY Field guys didn't want to work, and he definitely didn't want to work for me...

2 different insurance co's for 2 different accidents and both were questionably totalled per their definition.

My 2 cents, for what's it worth.

There is trailer place in porter at 1314 and 494. There is also one on 45 in spring at the railroad tracks.
When i needed repair, most regular welders wouldn't repair trailers for insurance liability. I had to find an actual trailer repair facility.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:04 pm 

Call mcclain and ask for scotty hathorn he will take good care of you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:03 pm 

Trout Trailer in Porter does all my trailer work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:23 pm 

It's at McClain on East Fwy. Ins adjuster looks at it Wed. Based on the repair estimate from them it will probably be totaled.

Custom tied crappie jigs $18/doz plus shipping.

"Retired fishing" is just being out in the boat whenever you want.... and getting a Dairy Queen on the way home

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:13 pm 

Mr. Dutch get ya one if those fancy aluminum trailers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:10 pm 

McLains on I-10 wasn't too bad when I had an axle replaced on a previous trailer.
Now, the big shop down in Denver Harbor off Market is a complete disaster. Stay far away. Old Dewayne there is known far and wide as "Old Grumpy". Assuming he is still there.