Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:07 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:28 pm 

Ok guys,

Boat will be delivered shortly and I need to make sure I've ordered or got everything I need. Once it gets here my wife will have credit card locked down so tight I'm not going to have enough money to buy a can of worms. :roll:

Here is how I've got it rigged now or parts coming. Throw out any ideas I may be missing especially anything you wish you had.

Sea Ark 22FS - 22' Dual Console w/ 200 hP Mercury SportJet
Windshields for Both Consoles
Drivers Console has baitwell in front
Passenger Console has storage in front
Stern livewell w/ recirculation pump
Rear Seat Storage Box
x2 Gray 24" Fold Down Seat on Rear Storage Box (seats for riding)
Gray Carpeting throughout boat - Dealer installing post delivery as Sea Ark does not install carpet and my wife mandated carpet
Dual 6' Rod / Gun Boxes in front of consoles w/ Top Cushions
Bimini Top
Sponson Pods w/ Dual 8' PowerPole Blades
36V 105 lb Motorguide X5 FW FB
x3 Optima Deep Cycle Batteries
x1 Optima Starting Battery <-- Need to order...doing this list made me realize I missed it.
Pro Series Dual Pro 15 X 4 Bank Trickle Charger
HDS12 Gen 3 with StructureScan Transducer
StumpJumper Transom Mount Transducer Protector
HDS7 Gen 3 with TotalScan Transducer <-- updated Navionics Card already installed
Transducer Shield and Saver for Trolling Motor mounting of Total Scan Transducer
Stereo - Wife requirement :roll:
x4 6" Nylon Cleats installed on cap rails forward and aft
12V Outlet
Fishing Pedestal Seat Forward & Aft <-- Pulling out of old boat
KVD Telescoping Push Pole
Galvanized Tandem Dual Axle Trailer

All I can think of is SK needs to send me his brush pile file out of his Hummingbird so I can convert if from Hummingbird file format to Lowrance format. :lol:

Raptor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:23 am 

Excellent list of goodies...
Sound like there's only one thing missing & that's to get that bottom wet & some slime on the carpet....LOL
You'll enjoy scanning & will have as many or more waypoints than I do.... :lol:
I think you're going to really ENJOY this boat.... I know i would....

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:35 am 

SK,

Thanks....I've been putting this boat together in my head since I fished tournaments in college. Now was probably not the best time to best time for me buy it as my company (oilfield) is going through a sell off but my son is 4 and I decided I wanted him to have the opportunity to spend time on the lake fishing / riding / skiing like I did growing up. I waffled a lot on whether now was the right time to buy, as I'm fairly money conscious, and finally said screw it while sitting in traffic on 610 one day and drove straight to the dealership to order it. Most impulsive thing I have ever done.

Raptor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:03 am 

3 seat post on on the front deck for when you are crappie fishing, so you are both fishing all the brush piles you will be finding to fish. Looking forward to seeing your fishing rig and you on the lake.

You can go to there website ( Cumberland Crappie ) to order some seat inserts and spider rig set ups before you lose the credit card as it is getting very close to spider rigging season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:05 am 

What Would You Want to Add? ---- me in the front seat -- lol -- looking forward to seeing some pics when you get it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:47 am 

my father in law told me years ago "the most rewarding day in a man's life is when he gets his boat, the second most rewarding day is when he gets rid of it. If it flies, floats or f@$%&......rent it.. "

but then again he didn't get the opportunity to use it as much as he would of liked.

Sounds like an awesome ride. Don't rock me with your wake too much please....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:39 am 

JW202,
Probably wont add spider rigging setup as I bass fish more but having more seat inserts is a great idea. Dont know why I havent thought of that before as it would work well even bass fishing as I throw left handed and everybody else I fish with, except my brother, throws right handed. Could put seats in line with me on the front and them on the back edge of the front deck and both sit.

PBR,
Hahahaha....I got a good chuckle out of that this morning. Let me get it broke in and Ill give you a holler.

Slabdaddy,
No Ive found a worst day...more like worst few worst months. It the days when you have bought a boat but you are waiting on the delivery! All the cost, none of the fun! :shock:

Raptor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 am 

Slabdaddy,

You bring up an interesting point...boat wake off this thing. Driving a jet doesn’t really concern me. I grew up riding jet fleas (thanks SK I still laugh when I read that name :D ) and driving / skiing behind a jet boat. Im sure being aluminum and way different hull design it will handle different but Im use to the inherent lack of a “brake” with a jet which I think is what most dont initially realize. It tends to make loading a little tricky and Ive seen plenty of idiots cruise right up on land when a simple blip of the throttle right or left would have stopped them.

Now as to the wake I apologize to everyone in advance. Im going to keep it out of Luce, and any smaller water area for that matter, on step until I learn exactly how it responds and what the wake looks like as you make throttle and trim changes. Being a 22’ im sure it will throw a decent wake and the jet depending on trim could exacerbate it. I think the only issue will be once I learn how it handles well when Im headed up shallow creeks its will be better if I stay at WOT / near WOT as it keeps me out of sand / stumps and it should throw the widest / shallowest wake. Im guessing some people may not appreciate this though.

Please let me know if I cause any issues.

Raptor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:22 am 

Need to add chicken hearts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:33 pm 

KeelGuard!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

nice rig just need a couple of inflatable life jackets to keep you and the wife safe out there.
you can wear them all day and never know you have them on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:56 pm 

Sticko,
Got the life jackets covered already. We wear our kayaking vests as they have lots of flotation while not being very cumbersome. I really like the shape of the back flotation as it supports the lower back when sitting.

On your inflatable does it auto inflate on contact with water, under pressure, or do you have to pull the tab?

Raptor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:59 pm 

Weatherman,
Ill leave the catfish to you. Im about to committ blasphemy.....not only do I prefer fishing for bass I prefer eating fried bass over fried catfish. I now kneel down before you to be pardoned. :D

Raptor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:09 pm 

GettinJiggy,

I looked at adding a UHMW polymer bottom to it but I just didnt see the cost justification. I abused my last Alumaweld pretty bad and never busted it. This boat has thicker hull so I figure I ought to be fine.

Now watch me prove myself wrong and Tbone a big floater midchannel the first month. :shock:

Raptor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

Raptor wrote:
Sticko,
Got the life jackets covered already. We wear our kayaking vests as they have lots of flotation while not being very cumbersome. I really like the shape of the back flotation as it supports the lower back when sitting.

On your inflatable does it auto inflate on contact with water, under pressure, or do you have to pull the tab?

Raptor

It is a/m automatic it blows up when the water melts the bobbin inside and works great. I know because
i fell in once and it works . just do not strap it up to tight leave the vest kind of loose because when it inflates
the straps could be tight. But it does have a cord to inflate manual also i guess if a malfunction with the
bobbin.