Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:39 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Fuel line changout
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:30 am 

i just checked my 2year old fuel line and found the the plastic liner inside of it had come delaminated and was krinkiling up inside the hose restricting the flow, the line was silverado 3000 from west marine. Went back to get some replacement and they had got rid of the silverado 3000 and trplaced it with silverado 4000. It doesnt appear to have a liner inside but it is still grey on the outside and rated for ethanol fuels.

Just a warning if you have this fuel line. I even had some 3000 that was only used to siphon fuel from the boat for the lawn mower on occasion. That line was worse than the one that had fuel in it all the time. A pair of needle nose pliers pulled about 2feet of liner out wih ease, There was white soft glue goo on the outside of the liner so i didnt dare give it a try without the liner.

Well see how the silverado 4000 looks after a year or so. I added a clear fuel filter near the carbs so i can easily see if there are any fuel line looking particles in the filter instead of taking the hose apart. I must say hats off the the mercury primer bulb. Noname bulb cracked and weathered after 1 year. This one is 3years old and looks like new.

Post subject: Re: Fuel line changout
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:22 am 
Site Admin

the grey hoses sold by Atwood are junk and should not be used on boats .