Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:26 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: My toon
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:53 pm 

Here is my boat parked at a sand bar. This is my first boat and I plan on keeping it awile so I'm going to add all new seats carpet and custom graphics on the rails!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

nice looking rig just put a bbq grill on her then just jerk the fish out of the water right on the grill.

Very nice!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:48 pm 

nice looking boat MT! how long have you had her & are you fishing for crappie or cats?

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

Check Out Some Good Crappie Vids Here....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:49 pm 

Thanks Sticko, that's on the ta do list is a BBQ pit, Im getting one that mounts on the rail so it's outta the way. It will sure be nice to stop on a beach and let the kids and dogs play while I cook lunch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

wow that sounds great what time is lunch may have to stop by myself if i am up the river crappie fishing i know there is some nice sandy beaches across from the high banks .
that would be great to beach the boat with room for the kids to swim and play while you are slaving over the hot cooker.

I smell the burgers now !!!!! LOL.

That sure is great to have the time to spend with the kids can't get better than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:15 pm 

Thanks SK I've had it almost a year but shortly after buying it the motor blew, I finally got it rebuilt so I'm back on the water. I fish for whatever will bite, I love catching large mouth on artificial bait, but I grew up catching cats. I've been fishing for crappie recently, only got one and alotta bass(I need a trolling motor) I couldn't buy a crappie but anyways thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:18 pm 

Anytime Sticko if you see me just stop and say hi, I'll treat you to lunch!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:26 am 

SWEET BARGE ! I would love have one as a second boat to play on the lake with. I also would like to add my own personal touches as well as a killer sound system. I think that pontoon boats are great to get all of the familly together for a day on the lake. You can get a great deal off of craig's list on at trolling motor. Are you going to put your handle on it so we know who you are ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:21 pm 

Nice boat. I would like to pet a pontoon boat for my first MOTORIZED vessel. I like the room. Can you pull anyone tubing or anything in them? I am not to familiar with them, but it would seem like something I would like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:33 pm 

Thanks dead bait, the sound system is also in the works I've got about half of it! I agree on pontoons being great for the family I can haul 12 people. I've seen a few trollers on cl but can't let go of the money for some reason even though I need it. I plan on getting some custom graphics soon I've got a guy giving me a quote on Monday so I guess we will see. If I get them everyone will know who I am it will be totally different than any toon on the lake......thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:39 pm 

Thanks joshcad85, Pontoons are great boats, you can do whatever your into. I pulled a tube alot last year, it's very fun! My boat does 30mph with a Johnson 112.... If you get one, get the BIGGEST motor you can afford. They make pontoons now that will run 70mph+ if you want to spend the $60,000 to buy them!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:14 am 

If I was in the market for a toon it would have to be a tri-toon. They sit higher on the water and don't squat in the rear as bad. My nephew and I almost bought one a couple of months ago. It was a 24 footer that had been stripped down to the all aluminum deck. The guy only wanted $1000 bucks for it including the tandem axle trailer. We're still kicking ourselves in the a-s for not buying it.

Crank up your volume for Chris Rea's ..... TEXAS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0BbEoHFo14

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:13 am 

Mrtoler wrote:
Thanks joshcad85, Pontoons are great boats, you can do whatever your into. I pulled a tube alot last year, it's very fun! My boat does 30mph with a Johnson 112.... If you get one, get the BIGGEST motor you can afford. They make pontoons now that will run 70mph+ if you want to spend the $60,000 to buy them!!!!!

Cool, I will have to check it out. My wife has been wanting to get a boat ever since I bought my kayak. Well, she wants a boat and a kayak for her. Which is cool that she is interested in both now. I just have to work my butt off to pay for both, but it will definitely be worth it. Me and my wife out there tearin up some bass... :lol: :lol: