Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:07 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:39 am 

Guess gonna head out to lake from the park here in little while just to check things out and make sure all good and no issues under load or anything (since took fuel pump apart and all) -- i knew it was something crazy and simple cause just no way could see anything happening by just unplugging fuel -- but guess harness either funky dirty connections or maybe just wasnt holding my tongue right when plugging the harness in the other 20 times -- lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

good to hear you got it running . that does make it hard to
diagnose since it did fire up once before.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:49 pm 

it would fire up every time for few seconds, i beat my head over this thing for days. got a number from someone on facebook called the old guy up and within 5 mins was fixed. told him what i did just unhooked the two harness's and fuel line put it back and now wouldn't stay running - told him everything had done -- first thing he said is unplug the main harness from the motor and jump across the starter and see what happens -- i did and it fired up and purred -- then noticed it jumping fire across two of the prongs on the harness and looked at other end and seen burnt spot. I went ahead and cut out both plugs and just wired it direct -- gonna go to lake tomorrow and just make sure all is good since took pump apart and all -- just too see if any issues under load and wide open but so grateful on finding it i know a shop would of killed me on it probably.