Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:31 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:01 pm 

I was in the water today. Everyone ran by us on full throttle. So clueless to there on wake. So so foolish. They didnt even look back to see if they had killed me good or not. If you ever go by anyboat sitting with any wake your a douche pickle. Know this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:26 pm 

LOL....
"They dint look back to see if they killed ya good"......Hehehehahahahaaaaaa....
That's funny right there.
Not to worry Dobby it ain't bad yet, wait until those pretty days come....jet fleas & wake boats are not back out yet & they are some of the worst.....idgets I've seen.....

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....

Some go fishn, me I go catchn & always feed'um a jig....May your jigs.....or minnas stay wet..... :wink:

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:52 pm 

Jet fleas......that was funny!!!! Love it good one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:43 pm 

I am all over being polite and will be the first to slow down when I round a bend and there is a crappie fisherman posted up. BUT starting about now, fisherman start posting up around every corner in the main channels north of 1960. It is not feasible to expect someone to idle from one end of the east fork to the other....and back!

I fished out of a kayak for prolly 12 yrs before I finally bit the bullet and bought a boat. I knew if I posted up in a boat lane to fish, I was likely going to get a ride from time to time.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect most people that fish North of 1960 know this? Swim, boat, fish in a boat lane...expect some traffic....right?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:01 am 
Site Admin

true but in the east fork the river is wide enough if a boat goes by you on top trimmed

out if he gets as far to one side as he can when he goes by, the wake will flatten out before it gets to you.

but no the shoe clerks will see how close they can come to you without scraping the paint off the side

of your boat. then want to do a u-turn when they get beside you.

but in the bayou it is to narrow for the wake to flatten out and the idgits will only slow their boats down

enough to come down off plane and the bow still sticking half up in the air making a big plow out if the

bow where it is pushing a 4 foot swell even worse when most of them are ocean liners that should be

down in the gulf . The dummy's think they did you a favor by slowing half way down and washing you

plumb up in the trees and onto the shore. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR WAKE.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:48 pm 

sticko wrote:
true but in the east fork the river is wide enough if a boat goes by you on top trimmed

out if he gets as far to one side as he can when he goes by, the wake will flatten out before it gets to you.

but no the shoe clerks will see how close they can come to you without scraping the paint off the side

of your boat. then want to do a u-turn when they get beside you.

but in the bayou it is to narrow for the wake to flatten out and the idgits will only slow their boats down

enough to come down off plane and the bow still sticking half up in the air making a big plow out if the

bow where it is pushing a 4 foot swell even worse when most of them are ocean liners that should be

down in the gulf . The dummy's think they did you a favor by slowing half way down and washing you

plumb up in the trees and onto the shore. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR WAKE.

I think we found common ground, lol. I often see a boat coming and slowing down and I will wave them through, much less wake. I was on some fish last year in Caney late in the year and I can not tell you the amount of boats that were just driving back and forth with no clue to what they were doing or where they were going. I would see them come by at half throttle and give me a ride, I would hear them go around the bend, run aground or hit something and turn around and come right back by me at half throttle. I must admit........I got a little frustrated.

I have no use for wake boats or jet skis. But it is public water I guess. I would argue they have no place above the 1960 bridge or at least up any of the creek or river systems...but good luck pushing that agenda!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:19 am 

Yeah I have to push back here. In luce the channel is often times holding fish on the slopes. So just as you would never fish were the fish are not. Nor will any crappie fishermen fish away from crappies. The game is fishing not racing from spot to spot. If a boat has to slow down 20 times from point A to B then so be it. I wouldn't want to have to answer the question of why I didn't slow down if someone was to get hurt. As this is the question I would have to ask myself every night. No and thank you. Its just to risky to hurt someone on the validation that the fisherman shouldn't have been fishing in the middle. ......like I said in older post. This is all a rant. It will never change. But I do love a good rant....Don

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:54 pm 

Ya know I've asked myself this question many times , Slow to a No wake speed ,and take 15 minutes to go from thePonderosa to the Mouth of the Lake or try to stay on plane (when you can ) and try to not leave a big Wake and speed up and slow down as needed to make better time , sometimes there's too many boats in the Channel to Speed up for more than 100 yards, and in , all it's Complicated , in Turtle Bayou it's No Wake from White Park to the Lake , by Chambers County Commissioners Court,, should that be for Luce's as well ? Speed Limits????? No Wake ????? And at times you catch yourself on plane and Bam! There's a boat just out of your vision in a Cove and I do it too , and sometimes I think Dang Guy Slow Down....... As the Traffic gets worse this Spring and Summer , let's just all Be Safe as Possible. OBTW if I ever Wake you or Speed by you , or just get too close because I Love To Talk !!! And it Offends you PLEASE ! Tell Me. I don't want to be a Pain in the Butt to my Fellow Fishermen. Everybody has a different level of BS they will put up with.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:16 am 

Same here if I fail to see a boater in a cove or cut.. and I too dont slow down quick enough. Be assured it was a booboo.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:48 pm 

" in Turtle Bayou it's No Wake from White Park to the Lake , by Chambers County Commissioners Court "

I saw that sign a few weeks ago. I didn't know where it applied. I thought just maybe around the RV Park. I guess not.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:01 am 

Yea the signs are so far apart you think it's ok to go but just as soon as you look up there's another sign. So just throw out the Trolling Motor and stat fishing at the Dock.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:36 pm 

If I went by any of you fast in Luce's, its because I didn't see you off to the side in a cut. I try to putt by, but I'm sure we've all screwed up at least once.

One thing that's a lot better up here than in the salt water is at least people don't get right on top of where you're casting if they see you catching. The salt water guys can be really bad about that.