Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:11 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Monday fishing
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:10 pm 

Put in @ Deussen started fishing @ 6:45 am. Fished for bass & bluegill but no luck so I went slumming. Found tree tops in 15 ft. of water jigged pink grubbs @ 9 to 10 ft. Caught 9 crappie kept 6 from 11 to 111/2".I think the weekend boat traffic messed up my shallow boatdock bite for bass. Wind was light from the south & water temp was 83 to 87.Fished till 11am.

Post subject: Re: Monday fishing
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:21 pm 

Good report GG. Im thinking about doing some trolling this afternoon!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:00 pm 

Another good report! Glad you caught them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:15 pm 

Missed you again GG. Yes, the wind was very cooperative today. Quite a nice light show early on from the storm over Anahuac. I was on the lake before sunrise and fished the south end first. You must have been closer to Duessen. Bite was slow today as far as catfish were concerned. Came home with 8 very nice fish though. Beck and Ray came by early on and fished with me for a while. My last stop was midlake south of the RR bridge on a dropoff. Hooked something that doubled a pole over and started screaming line off the reel. Whatever it was managed to get off the hook after about 30 seconds. Put 4 jugs out and when I picked them up, the last jug had 4 fish on it...3 very nice channels and the bottom hook had a blue that was absolutely gigantic. I got the channels in the boat, put the noodle in the boat and held it down with my foot while I reached for my net. That's when the monster took a dive and busted the line. Decided to get out of the heat and headed for home. Will hook that one again someday.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:52 pm 

Weatherman wrote:
Missed you again GG. Yes, the wind was very cooperative today. Quite a nice light show early on from the storm over Anahuac. I was on the lake before sunrise and fished the south end first. You must have been closer to Duessen. Bite was slow today as far as catfish were concerned. Came home with 8 very nice fish though. Beck and Ray came by early on and fished with me for a while. My last stop was midlake south of the RR bridge on a dropoff. Hooked something that doubled a pole over and started screaming line off the reel. Whatever it was managed to get off the hook after about 30 seconds. Put 4 jugs out and when I picked them up, the last jug had 4 fish on it...3 very nice channels and the bottom hook had a blue that was absolutely gigantic. I got the channels in the boat, put the noodle in the boat and held it down with my foot while I reached for my net. That's when the monster took a dive and busted the line. Decided to get out of the heat and headed for home. Will hook that one again someday.

WM I think I saw you Mon. south of the trestle . I waved @ you I was in a green bass boat. I was in a hurry wife called & said she had a Dr. app. @ 3pm. Hope one of these days I meet up with all the regulars on this forum.