Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:33 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:22 pm 

pointblank wrote:
Glad you kept your cool, rkt. What happened after the video cut?

I cut the video off to call Lake Patrol. It was after hours so I left a message. While I was making the call he went back to the dock ( that I am sure he does not own) and started yelling at us that they had lots of guns in the house. An older man that had walked over from the next dock started yelling at him to leave and go back to the house. He then started walking up the very long hill to the house.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

DIDN'T Lake patrol try to contact you the next day about the message.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:53 pm 

sticko wrote:
DIDN'T Lake patrol try to contact you the next day about the message.

The incident occured on Monday evening. They contacted me on Wednesday morning to begin the investigation.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:24 pm 

rkt wrote:

The incident occured on Monday evening. They contacted me on Wednesday morning to begin the investigation.

Well that's good, keep us informed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:36 am 
Site Admin

Thanks rkt that is good that they are checking it out.
that will keep you and the rest of us fishermen safe
on the water.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:01 am 

sticko wrote:
Thanks rkt that is good that they are checking it out.
that will keep you and the rest of us fishermen safe
on the water.

Thanks for the updates RKT. I hope that person gets a hefty fine for his actions and learns a few things.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:57 am 

Where is that dock? I need to practice my skipping technique...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:53 pm 

Classic. I have been asked not to fish someone's dock (2X) in 11 years on LH. One was the second or third dock by old pump house just before railroad trestle. Older Gentleman with a bunch of brush and lines in the water. Caught a 3lber in front of him and promptly returned it to its home under his dock. The other one was over by LH marina, cant remember which dock but another older gentleman who I just ignored because I had never caught a fish there anyway and knew I wouldn't go back after listening to his stupid tirade. Now the lady up in the bayou with the elevated wooden house just before 2100 was out there drunk once talking smack but LH Patrol just happened to be coming thru and they had a conversation with her about her antics. That was prolly like 10 years ago. Other than that most people I have come across are nice. Obviously I try my best to not hit their boats with my tungsten. It is funny though how many people magically appear in their yard and wander to dock to complete some "mystical" task just to be nosey or show themselves. Caught a good one this morning off a well known dock and the owner and his wife were getting ready to head out on one of their boats and as always he said hello asked me how I was doing. He saw my fish said nice job. I said thanks and its about time I got a decent one off his dock. There are some nice people on the lake and some jerks as well. Just like anywhere else. RKT handled this properly, more patience than me though. I might have gotten in trouble. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:15 pm 

Lake Patrol completed their investigation and presented a case to the Harris County DA's office for Harassment of a Fisherman. The DA's office would not take the charge so no charges will be filed or citations will be written.

Take in mind that these violations and criminal acts are seen in the video.

Class C violations:

TPWD 31.098 - HAZARDOUS WAKE OR WASH. No person may operate a motorboat so as to create a hazardous wake or wash.

TPWD 31.099(a)(1) - PROHIBITION ON CIRCULAR COURSE AROUND INDIVIDUALS ENGAGED IN WATER ACTIVITIES. (a) No person may operate a motorboat in a circular course around: (1) any other boat or personal watercraft any occupant of which is engaged in fishing, waterskiing, or a similar activity;
TPWD 31.106(1) - PERSONAL WATERCRAFT. (a) No person shall operate a personal watercraft in the following manner or under the following circumstances: (1) unless each person riding on or towed behind the vessel is wearing a U.S. Coast Guard approved Type I, II, III, or V personal flotation device; (skiers jacket was not fastened)
TPWD 31.106(2) - PERSONAL WATERCRAFT. (a) No person shall operate a personal watercraft in the following manner or under the following circumstances: (2) if the vessel is equipped by the manufacturer with a lanyard type engine cutoff switch, unless such lanyard is attached to the person, clothing, or personal flotation device of the operator as appropriate for the vessel involved;
TPWD 31.106(4) - PERSONAL WATERCRAFT. (a) No person shall operate a personal watercraft in the following manner or under the following circumstances: 4) within 50 feet of any other vessel, person, stationary platform or other object, or shore, except at headway speed;

Class B offenses:

TPWD 31.096 - RECKLESS OPERATION AND EXCESSIVE SPEED. No person may operate a vessel or manipulate water skis, an aquaplane, or a similar device on the water of this state in wilful or wanton disregard of the rights or safety of others or without due caution or circumspection, and at a speed or in a manner that endangers, or is likely to endanger, a person or property.

TPWD 62.0125 `- HARASSMENT OF A HUNTER, TRAPPERL, OR FISHERMAN. (c) No person may intentionally interfere with another person lawfully engaged in the process of hunting or catching wildlife

I believe that this video is a good platform for our local outdoorsmen organizations to work together to get people out to vote at the next District Attorney election. Our current DA obviously does not care about the sportsmen/outdoorsmen in Harris County.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:28 pm 

At least lake patrol knows about it so if there is a continuation, maybe they will at least counsel him on his actions. It would have probably been a much different story if they or a Game Warden would have caught him in the act. Judging from what I saw though, I don't think this guy is playing with a full deck...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:57 pm 

Gotta wonder who he might play golf with.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:18 pm 

Harris County DA, no comment. Have dealt with them numerous times in my line of work. Usually they want a case with a big BOW wrapped around it so they can win. Looks like the Video is the smoking gun not sure why they wont take it. Probably never prosecuted one or afraid they wouldn't get front page with a conviction. Sad. Had u hit my man with a trap in the face and blinded him you would have caught an aggravated assault charge. Classic Harris "slap on the hand" County. Sad state of affairs. Montgomery County would have taken it on Conroe. No doubt.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:01 am 

Y'all bass fellers aughta line up and take turns fishn his dock.... not that you're lookn for trouble but to teach that SOB a lesson since the law did nothing....
That is sad that you did the right thing and still they didn't support you....
My guess is they are so caught up with folks videoing that they turned their head to your video...
I'd hate it if some jacka## pulled that on me.....I think I'd lose it.... or I'd quite my job and fish his dock out in "my lake" daily and I mean daily....
He[[ if ya'll decide to fish his dock I might get in line and stick my jigging pole under it....LOL

ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

Check Out Some Good Crappie Vids Here....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:24 am 

Next tourney; at, around and under that dock...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:13 am 
Site Admin

why do they make laws to protect other boaters and them not enforce
them when they see such a crime as that.