Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:52 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:41 pm 

I am coming to Houston for this year's Bassmaster Classic and staying at a friends house in Houston. I thought I would take a day and rent a boat to fish Lake Houston (may do the same on Lake Conroe but this is closer to his house). Can anyone recommend a place to rent a boat for Lake Houston? And is it a decent bass fishery? I am not an elite level fisherman but I do enjoy a good day on the water and nice bite on the end of my line. Any help (or advice if there is another lake I should check out while in town) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

if you are looking for a quality bite you are better with conroe they regularly get

10 pound and up fish on it lake Houston is getting better fish now but the biggest has

been around 8 pound range. They have several Bass fishing guides on conroe you can hire

out just contact stow a ways marina or april plaza they can put you in contact .with boat rent

or guide services.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:21 pm 

Thank you sir. Like any fisherman catching a big'un is always welcome, but I want to be in a place that has them. I will contact the two places you mentioned and see what they say for the that weekend.