Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:33 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Luce's Bayou
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:53 pm 

Ok, so I hear all these great things about this place, but I have no idea where you people are going exactly. I have a 14' boat w/ a 8 HP motor.. nothin special thats for sure lol but I'd love to know where yall're going to catch all these fish bc I've tried to fish there before w/ no luck at all. And I'd also appreciate if you could tell me where yall dock, and what you use for bait :]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:09 am 

Well there are realy not any Honey Holes that everybody goes to to catch fish all the time. You just have to learn the bayou and find some brush piles. I have spent the last 2 years fishing the bayou every week and I still get skunked somtimes. The best way to find brush piles is by watching other people, If you see someone out in the middle of the bayou in deep water with a 10' pole and a little jig on the end they are probaly fishing brush so just put that in your memory banks and align it up with somthing on the bank that you will remember. That is good for crappie anyway and rember that bass like brush to so you can fish those places with a weedles worm and probaly do allright. Another good place to fish is laydowns (Where a tree fell partally in the water) but not all laydowns are equal you want one that extends out into about 10-12 feet of water and you can fish them for crappie and bass. One day last year I cought 14 crappie out of one laydown in luce in about 30min. But one bad thing about a laydown is it is obviouse so everybody is going to fish it but a good thing about it is you dont need a troll motor cause you can just tie off to it but if you are fishing wherease a brush pile you probaly need a troll motor to stay on top of it, every thing has its pros and cons.

About the dock I usualy put in at BJ's in the east fork it doesent take very long to get to luce from there. It is a lot closer then lake houston marina.

And the east fork is also a good place to fish but again you just have to learn it, for crappie a lot of times I fish the east fork because it has less fishing pressure then the bayou and it seems to yield bigger fish but the downfall is that when it rains and getts muddy it stays muddy for around a week or two whereas the bayou clears up within a couple of days.

Good Luck!